The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

On McDavid's Class...

Nuxfanabroad

He's super fun to watch, I just can't stomach that the Oilers won that lottery. Still bitter about it. I should probably let it go but that organization has absolute horseshoes up their, well you know. They messed up so many prospects on their way to being gifted one that would be impossible to screw up... you can see the writing on the wall with this - they'll win another cup before we do. All because a bloody ping pong ball...

Also getting a little tired of him and that Toronto first overall pick, what's his name again?, getting shoved down our throats. 

On 2016-12-01 at 4:00 PM, HKSR said:

It is seriously unfair that the Oilers and Penguins have had 2 generational talents each (Gretzky and McDavid, Mario and Crosby -- considering where Jagr is in the all-time standings, you could probably say the Pens have had 3 of them). 

That Malkin guy is pretty good too, I'd have to say;)

19 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Imagine bring in that spot light.

Such a great guy that everybody is relentlessly looking for a hole in you to make a buck off of it.

He's the next ambassador and I hope he stops making himself so available to the media. Oilers PR as whoring him out too soon, he's way to young.

I think his baptism by fire in Canadian hockey media is complete at this point as the leader of the Oilers and all the attention he's got the last couple seasons. He's doing fine, imo. Yes, he let one agitator get under his skin a bit, but even then he just scored a goal and made a fairly mild comment about class afterwards. I've seen way, way worse, and the kid is 19. He's going to be better than Crosby pretty soon if not already.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 4:00 PM, HKSR said:

It is seriously unfair that the Oilers and Penguins have had 2 generational talents each (Gretzky and McDavid, Mario and Crosby -- considering where Jagr is in the all-time standings, you could probably say the Pens have had 3 of them). 

We could have been in the running for McDavid, but we wanted to make the playoffs instead...

Archived