The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to End the Bash Jake Comments

dpn1

So far he has shown as much promise offensively as a potato. Seriously. If someone threw a potato on the ice, that potato would probably have just as much chance of scoring as Jake. It's brief time on the ice would most likely be more or equal to Jake's TOI. Heck the potato might even end up in front of the net. 

The Canucks are to blame of his handling but what he says should be controlled by himself.

Jake's comments on not knowing what "stuff" he was supposed to get is a result of his immaturity. Now, he might be right because we don't know what goes on but if you put a guy like Horvat or Boeser in that role I would assure you it would be a different story.

Character problem.

6 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

The Canucks are to blame of his handling but what he says should be controlled by himself.

Jake's comments on not knowing what "stuff" he was supposed to get is a result of his immaturity. Now, he might be right because we don't know what goes on but if you put a guy like Horvat or Boeser in that role I would assure you it would be a different story.

Character problem.

I just don't think he is that bright.  Not so much a character issue.

21 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

Character problem.

Or maybe Willie came up with some weird excuse and Virtanen had no clue what he was talking about. It was the most odd comment by a coach I have seen in a long time. 

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Or maybe Willie came up with some weird excuse and Virtanen had no clue what he was talking about. It was the most odd comment by a coach I have seen in a long time. 

I acknowledged that. He might be right, he might be wrong.

3 hours ago, dpn1 said:

I just read the Hockey News article on Jake Virtanen and I am not sure how you all feel but it seems like the media is just making way too much of the thing now.  I admit to being a big Jake fan but it seems to just be getting stupid.  He is down there now and hopefully he will start to find the back of the soon.  I still feel his frustration is reasonable.  The coach, gm and prez didn't handle him well.  He needs to now shut up and put up the point.  Maybe the press will leave him alone then.

look how the media handled drouin's situation. it's not just our market the media looks juicy stories.   Jakes situation is becoming juicy lol. 

gotta get both sides to come together and deliver a similar msg to stop it in its tracks. 

42 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

you seem to be like Virtanen, an obvious excuse went past your head as well.

when WD was pumping Jakes tires, calling him "real good," I don't know what the hell he's talking about.

5 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Of Virtanen, I think JB said it best: "Every player's path to the NHL is different...We're going to be patient with him." Oh, and by "JB", I mean Jim Benning and NOT Justin Bieber.

Apparently Bieber can play.

I have always been a Jake supporter, although that was until what I have recently heard about him. I can't make what I know public on here, but I'll say this, it is almost Cody Hodgson 2.0 again. If someone said that to me a month ago I wouldn't of listened to them and wouldn't of believed them, that's how much I believed in Jake, my take is completely different now sadly.

Archived