The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Forbes Team value list, VAN with largest drop in value

Mackcanuck

2 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

Aquilini must be losing his $&!#. hahaha

Hope he is. Money is the only thing that will show him that we're sick of this BS

27 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

Aquilini must be losing his $&!#. hahaha

Doubt it... he's made 10x the loss in all the developments he's got going around the Arena. The Canucks are just a toy for him that he throws money at. It's more of a status thing for him plus he likes hockey. 

He's a good owner. Spends as much as possible on the team. 

IMO he gets way too much flak on these boards. 

12 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

List of Canuck home games with less than 18K in attendance

5 of 12 games so far this season at less than 18,000!

Cyh96qIXAAEoB-Q.jpg

Wow that's pretty interesting to see. There's many factors here... not winning last year and many bumps this year is the biggest one. Trading away fan favourites is probably a slight factor as well. 

I don't see this lasting too long though. Should get back to normal... it's a fairly wealthy city and I can confidently argue that they've been the most entertaining team to watch on home ice

Home games so far... 

1. Calgary - Epic come back win 
2. Carolina - See above 

3. St Louis - See above
4. Buffalo - pretty entertaining, came down to the wire 
5. Ottawa - got shutout, definitely not a good game 
6. Edmonton - same as above 
7. Washington - played great, very exciting... refs got in the way of a win. Stunk it up in the 3rd 
8. Dallas - Epic come back win... 
9. NYR - same as the washington game. Very entertaining, refs played a huge role. 

10. Arizona - do I have turrets or was this another EPIC COME BACK WIN?! 
11. Chicago - bent over the hawks, refs got involved, vancouver clearly the better team 
12. Wild - epic epic epic back and forth... oh my. 

7 wins at home 
5 losses 

If you want entertainment, there's been no better stretch of home ice canucks hockey in a long time. 

EDIT: Sales staff did pretty well with promoting but the adds are getting repetitive. If they were smart they would advertise the epic come backs instead of kits beach and grouse mountain over and over

25 minutes ago, apollo said:

Doubt it... he's made 10x the loss in all the developments he's got going around the Arena. The Canucks are just a toy for him that he throws money at. It's more of a status thing for him plus he likes hockey. 

He's a good owner. Spends as much as possible on the team. 

IMO he gets way too much flak on these boards. 

Would any one of us not "toy" with the team as much (if not more) if we owned the team?  Sure we don't like to hear that our owner is hands in in hockey decisions, but he's a fan - a lot like us.  Maybe he even surfs CDC?  Which one of us is Aquaman?  Apollo?

Still more than a 200% increase in value from when they bought it.

In terms of reduced revenue, they bled this thing dry for many years, profiting from a high business cycle that allowed them to charge stupid high ticket prices and receive huge playoff revenue.

Now they'll have ride out the low part of the business cycle for a few years until the team is good again.

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Would any one of us not "toy" with the team as much (if not more) if we owned the team?  Sure we don't like to hear that our owner is hands in in hockey decisions, but he's a fan - a lot like us.  Maybe he even surfs CDC?  Which one of us is Aquaman?  Apollo?

the funny part is we as fans have no idea if he is or not, and we continue to assume management is lying when they suggest that notion is absurd.

Just now, Mike Vanderhoek said:

the funny part is we as fans have no idea if he is or not, and we continue to assume management is lying when they suggest that notion is absurd.

Well, where there's smoke there's fire, and (in this regard) there's been A LOT of smoke for several years.  If Aquaman is as big a fan as he is supposed to be, I would expect him to be involved in hockey ops.  Like I said before: as owners we would be doing the same.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

K I confess. You got me. I troll these boards from my Rolls Royce as I cruise down Pat Quinn way on the daily 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I wish man... if only! 

27 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

This. I feel like everyone just assumes he is.

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Well, where there's smoke there's fire, and (in this regard) there's been A LOT of smoke for several years.  If Aquaman is as big a fan as he is supposed to be, I would expect him to be involved in hockey ops.  Like I said before: as owners we would be doing the same.

I don't think he's as big of a fan as most of the people on these forums that genuinely love this team without being financially invest in it. 

Honestly, I think he puts the people in place and lets them, for the most part do their job. When you hire a guy like Linden, I doubt you try to get involved yourself. Obviously he may have had some things to say about major decisions... Luongo, Cory, Kesler, etc... but I genuinely don't think he's involved with the roster/management decisions as a whole. 

The re-tool is happening the way it's happening because of TL JB and WD. Not Aquaman.

3 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

http://www.forbes.com/nhl-valuations/list/#tab:overall

Canucks have the greatest de-valuation at -6%, Aquaman will not be happy with this

Canucks value drops 6% from $745m- $700m - 7th in #NHL. Revenue fell from $152m-$146m; Income down from $35.5m to $29.6m, via @Forbes.

Beats when Nurke took over under Arthur Griffiths. (?) 

If I recall correctly the team was losing $35 mill a year. I personally would have thought we would be nowhere near a $29.6 profit. 

Archived