The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Sedin 1000 Points Watch

rizzuto&hatoum

Henrik needs 15 points to hit 1000. At 0.828 pts/g, he's likely to the milestone in about 18 games, which is sometimes in early January. He's one pt behind Leaf great Dave Keon, 3 behind Rick Middleton and 4 behind Paul Kariya (at 989). 

Daniel is 94th in all-time scoring at 956. Probably will hit 1000 at the end of the season. He's 2 pts behind Larry Robinson and 3 behind Kirk Muller. All these guys are/were great players.

At the same time, both Ovechkin and Crosby are also approaching 1000 pts. Typical Canucks luck, the Sedin's accomplishments will likely be overshadowed by others and they will not get the praise that they so deserve.

If the Sedins play out this contract and there is no indication that they won't both of them have done enough in this era to get in the Hall.  If they played for the Leafs they would be first ballot inductees...most likely will get in but not right away.   Nice to have two superstar's for hopefully an entire career we are very fortunate.

4 hours ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

Henrik needs 15 points to hit 1000. At 0.828 pts/g, he's likely to the milestone in about 18 games, which is sometimes in early January. He's one pt behind Leaf great Dave Keon, 3 behind Rick Middleton and 4 behind Paul Kariya (at 989). 

Daniel is 94th in all-time scoring at 956. Probably will hit 1000 at the end of the season. He's 2 pts behind Larry Robinson and 3 behind Kirk Muller. All these guys are/were great players.

At the same time, both Ovechkin and Crosby are also approaching 1000 pts. Typical Canucks luck, the Sedin's accomplishments will likely be overshadowed by others and they will not get the praise that they so deserve.

Players doing it at or below 30 will always be more significant than players getting to 1000 at 36 regardless of which team they play for

Yea I am surprised that Danny got no love when he passed Rocket Richard for goals.

Can't wait until they both pass 1000.  I sure hope they do it one ofter the other instead of being split by the other 3 players who are close.  Sid, Ovi and Doan.  

It will be a good year if all 5 crack 1000.  I think that has only happened once before.

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

If the Sedins play out this contract and there is no indication that they won't both of them have done enough in this era to get in the Hall.  If they played for the Leafs they would be first ballot inductees...most likely will get in but not right away.   Nice to have two superstar's for hopefully an entire career we are very fortunate.

They are shoe ins in so many levels, points being one of them. Being brothers and twins, playing together so long, It would be nice to see them lift the cup once even if it was for a different team, I bet they would come back to Vancouver with it for one of their days and take it to the arena for fans to come celebrate with them.

Then re-sign for the next season with the Nucks. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is an amazing feat for the Sedins. Probably will be the very last major milestone they hit. As far as getting into the hall of fame goes, of course they will be - but they definitely won't be first ballot IMO. Here's a few reasons:

1) There's 2 of them. Sedins have always been punished because there's 2 of them and they go in pairs. So they would take up 2 spots on a ballot and the league won't like that.

2) They are Swedish. Let's be honest, this league is biased towards Canadian players.

3) They are from a western team. I agree, if they were Leafs players they would probably be first ballot

4) They never won a Stanley cup. This counts big time towards the first ballot

5) Their PPG is lower than other people who have hit 1,000 points.

6) They are not well liked in the league among many people for some crazy reason. Everyone loved Alfy and Sundin but the Sedins, who are the classiest guys around, just have a lot of hate on them for no reason. I think people don't like the fact they are twins. Who the F knows. Proof of this is the recent hit by Kadri on D. Sedin and the league just laughing it off.

7) Same as #6, people hate the Canucks organization so the league will probably make us wait a while to induct them into the HOF.

But bottom line is, their Gold medals for Sweden at the 2006 Olympics and their back-to-back Art Ross Trophies make them shoe-in's eventually.

2 hours ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

Henrik just passed Kariya. Now at 990, he's racing Ovie to 1000 pts. My prediction is that he reaches milestone on January 12 vs the Flyers.

Daniel needs 3 points to pass the Rocket to take over 91st place. He needs 37 pts to 1000.

I wouldn't really say they're "racing", Henrik did have a 4 season head start.

On 12/2/2016 at 11:32 AM, DarthMelvin said:

watch teh power plays they pass to each other behind the net then to a shooter...to get that almighty point...watch it next game they have these little passes of no actual use between each other then off to a possible goal. 

Haha. I guess they do look meaningless sometimes but one reason why Henrik and Daniel makes those short passes on PP is usually because Henrik doesn't have any passing lane open. So he passes to Daniel so that if Daniel has a good passing option, then he can make a play. And just simply moving the puck back and forth may force the defenceman to change his angle ever so slightly, and when Henrik gets the puck back, a lane may have opened up. Do that quickly few times and something that wasn't there may show up.

Sedins PP doesn't work as well as before because the opponents know exactly how the Sedins play and they are very good at covering the angles. 

I'm pretty sure that the Sedins are not passing the puck around just to get that almighty point.

it can't happen soon enough.

they're probably thinking the same thing.

It's a distraction.

Ironically, they could use one, because flubbing basic passes, missing open nets, giving the puck away at critical times.... like they say "being old is like being young again" ... it's certainly showing in their case.

I think both of them would LOVE to play for a contending team.

Seriously. You give almost 20 YEARS of your life to 1 team and they can't get it right? 

Linden needs to grow a pair instead of saying dumb Sh% like "how do you go into a room and tell them that..."

Well, you're in charge dumbstick, you go to them and bring the subject up, with respect. If they don't wanna go, they stay. If they're open to it, do something to help the future of this team.

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

When Henrik reaches 1000pts, I'd like to know how many were either assisted for/from his brother?  Even us math-challenged will be able to calculate the precise % of their teaming up, whenever one of them is on the scoresheet. If you were a precise statistician, guess you'd also have to factor in the points(eliminate 30, or so?) that Henrik gained, when Danny was sidelined with injury(or vice versa).

I'll guess Danny figures in 720 times in Henrik's 1000 pts...

Archived