cuporbust

Who is the best tsn 1040 canucks radio host (poll)

Rate this topic

1040 hosts  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best

I voted Rintoul because I knew Donny wouldn't need my vote. Rintoul is a more informative host, and smart. But he lacks the goofy wit of Taylor. For some reason that's important, to me also.  Also grew up with him from Sportspage on. Always keeps it fun.

Both Bmac and the Moj have grown on me. .....and thats the kind of set up Bmac or Donny wouldn't be able to ignore. But they do sound better, more relaxed, with age. Comfortable in their wrinkled old skin.

Who I would rate near the top is the Kurtenbloggers, Mike Halford and Jason Brough. Its a shame they are only on once a week. Don't take themselves too seriously but pack a lot of guests and hockey talk into 3 hours.

Bro Jake does what Bro Jake has done his whole broadcast life. He's one or was one of the best old school radio jocks in Canada. It was a bold experiment to see if he could transcend markets from the classic rock stoners to the jock strapped sports junkies. So far its still mixed reviews.

But Pratt?  Whoever those 3 (as of this post) were that voted for him come down to the front of the class immediately!

Don Taylor is the greatest of all time. 

• Upvote 1

I can't believe 3 people picked Dave Pratt. 

That idiot is the biggest sack of hot air ever.   

You know you suck when you are the garbage half of a sports show that includes bro jake. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Agreed.  Self-indulgence at it's worst.  That conversation belonged at Joe Fortes, not on the radio.

It's frustrating as a Canucks fan when you want some hockey talk or sports insight in the morning and you're forced to listen to a Howard Stern of 20 years ago has been wannabe. IT'S AMAZING IT'S AMAZING IT'S AMAZING...YOU HEAR ME!!!???HAHAHAHAHAH

57 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

I really dont understand why dave pratt is employed hes always talking out of his @$$.

Yet if he saw such a comment, he'd think yeah hehe I'm soooo controversial and that's what I do...hehehe. It should tick me off that I have an opinion because that's what he wants. I can respect terrible, and incompetence (cue Al Davidson and John Mackeachie, great in there true ways!), but Pratt is just a lazy version of that. 

Whatever happened to Dan Russell... used to listen to him way back when he'd have Burkie on from time to time.   I always liked him back then.

On December 2, 2016 at 3:56 PM, oldnews said:

Are you kidding?

This is like asking which is better:

Aged sharp cheddar (Don Taylor)

or

Velveeta

Cheese Whiz

Kraft singles

Soy Cheese

BWAHAHA was combat in with something witty as well, but this is way cheesier than mine.. Well played sir ;) 

On 12/2/2016 at 3:56 PM, oldnews said:

Are you kidding?

This is like asking which is better:

Aged sharp cheddar (Don Taylor)

or

Velveeta

Cheese Whiz

Kraft singles

Soy Cheese

Who's the blue cheese, Pratt?

• Upvote 1

Can't stand the morning show. Bro and Pratt are terrible, just terrible...so out of touch. They do that segment with Mitch Burger when they talk about how in love Jake is with 'Mitchy Baby', discuss a little golf and finish with how hot Burger's wife is. 

If you voted for either of those two, please make sure to play for a least a little bit in traffic today while the roads are nice and icy. 

• Upvote 2

- Bro Jake and Pratt are atrocious. Especially Pratt, all the guy has is a bunch of baseless opinions. 

- Sekeras and Price are fine. Sekeras gets a little annoying when he gets into one of his whiny rants.

- The Moj and BMac are good.

- Don Taylor and Rintoul are the best. Can't go wrong with those two.

Honourable mentions to MacIntyre, Abbott, Tomlinson, Kuzma, and Ferraro for being on the ball for the most part whenever they're on the show. 

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan
  • Upvote 1

Best guest....Tony Gallagher. ....kidding his voice is like someone running there finger nails down a chalk board, and he has to be the most negative person Ive ever heard.

Isn't this like asking which finger you like having broken?

Edited by Baggins

I dont mind Pratt and the Bro.  Mind you im an older fan and I remember those guys from several of their past gigs.  Bro is a little cheesy and Pratt is over dramatic but they are not boring and at least have an opinion.

B Mac, Taylor and Moj are a pretty good crew.  Taylor and B Mac are the best that station has.  I will always remember Taylor and his one liners like "He shoots upstairs, where dad stashes the playboys" back in the old CKVU days...these guys are all local guys and have a great sense of the local sports culture and history - a nice break from the national media personalities we are inundated with on a daily basis on TV.

Edited by Darius71