The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Moving Assets (Proposal/Discussion)

Well, with Linden's heart throbbing statement that we will never trade the Sedin's........yes I read it right here on CDC, I have moved on to the realization, that we must focus on moving other assets to move our rebuild further along...........

So, after watching the Canuck's play a pretty solid game against the Leaf's last night, despite getting out shot, I have come to the conclusion that the next best move would to bite the bullet and move both Edler and Tanev........yes our supposedly top pairing Dmen........

Now, would we miss them? Well, on defense yes, but the players playing in their stead are playing pretty darn good, and seem to be growing, (Maybe not Stecher! LOL, but as a whole the seem to be holding their own about the same as when Edler and Tanev are in.)

This brings me to the conclusion that Edler and Tanev could be moved...........where? Good question, for what return, not sure!.......But if we trade for upgrades for the current line-up plus the odd pick, we get stronger and younger

What does Edler get you in a trade? Who would take him? Suggestions? (Mostly Futures)

Montreal 2017-1st and McCarron                   for       Edler and Subban

Colorado Jost                                                  for       Edler 

Tampa Bay B. Howden + 2017 2nd                 for       Edler

Ottawa 2017-1st                                              for       Edler

What does Tanev get you? 

Buffalo - Sam Reinhart                                     for        Tanev, Sutter and Virtanen

Edmonton - RNH + T. Benson                          for        Tanev

Minni - Niederreitter + 2017 1st                        for        Tanev + Subban 

Mtl - Gallagher + Mtl 2017 2nd                         for       Tanev

Phili - Konecky + 2017 1st                                 for       Tanev

Tampa - Drouin                                                  for      Tanev

Toronto - Nylander                                             for      Tanev

Tornoto - 2017 1st + Ott 2017 2nd                     for     Tanev

*Wash - 2017 1st + 2018 1st + #1 prospect       for      Tanev

* Wash pays big numbers that are actually smaller as Tanev puts them to the top , which make the picks almost 2nd rounders

** All trades may need Cap retention for a player back for cap reasons

Not saying I am the best trader......may be the worst..............but do any of them work?

Flame away! No really! I wouldn't mind you hacking them up!

Not sure why you're making trade proposals for Edler when he's out 4-6 weeks (again)  As far as the Tanev proposals go I think you're overvaluing Tanev in most of them.,  For instance./ Montreal doesn't have much need for a right shooting shot suppressing defenceman as long as they have Price in net and Weber playing the right side on the top pairing.  They certainly wouldn't see enough value there to give up a core piece in Gallagher +

Fair enough statement Qwijibo.........I should have made this post a different way, as my objective was to have CDC set the value for interest same.........

As for Tanev to Mtl, I have heard, I think on the hot stove that Mtl was looking for another DMan, to take some of the minutes and heat off of Weber

But to make it clear........that is why I set out so many proposals in one Post, which was again to see what and where you think his value is....

As for Edler......its a finger and he will be ready to move after he gets back................again trying to establish value

I hope people will play along!

That is why I posted discussion/Proposal

Quite the dragnet here. 

I dono that  I'd be rushing to trade away the defence that was just fixed. Unless there were a lopsided deal coming our way.

Hutton Gud

Sbisa Stetcher

Isn't a top 4 you roll with on purpose. That being said there are some fair deals in here. If Edler for Jost were possible that would be a good deal for both sides but Edler would be the fly in the ointment there. I could see him vetoing that. I think we Canuck fans over value Tanev often. We won't be getting a Hall for Larsen deal for him. He doesn't hit or shoot the puck he's a complementary player I don't see other GMs paying a premium for him. Which is what it would take to make it worth trading him. +1 for some good ideas.

13 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Well, with Linden's heart throbbing statement that we will never trade the Sedin's........yes I read it right here on CDC, I have moved on to the realization, that we must focus on moving other assets to move our rebuild further along...........

So, after watching the Canuck's play a pretty solid game against the Leaf's last night, despite getting out shot, I have come to the conclusion that the next best move would to bite the bullet and move both Edler and Tanev........yes our supposedly top pairing Dmen........

Now, would we miss them? Well, on defense yes, but the players playing in their stead are playing pretty darn good, and seem to be growing, (Maybe not Stecher! LOL, but as a whole the seem to be holding their own about the same as when Edler and Tanev are in.)

This brings me to the conclusion that Edler and Tanev could be moved...........where? Good question, for what return, not sure!.......But if we trade for upgrades for the current line-up plus the odd pick, we get stronger and younger

What does Edler get you in a trade? Who would take him? Suggestions? (Mostly Futures)

Montreal 2017-1st and McCarron                   for       Edler and Subban

Colorado Jost                                                  for       Edler 

Tampa Bay B. Howden + 2017 2nd                 for       Edler

Ottawa 2017-1st                                              for       Edler

What does Tanev get you? 

Buffalo - Sam Reinhart                                     for        Tanev, Sutter and Virtanen

Edmonton - RNH + T. Benson                          for        Tanev

Minni - Niederreitter + 2017 1st                        for        Tanev + Subban 

Mtl - Gallagher + Mtl 2017 2nd                         for       Tanev

Phili - Konecky + 2017 1st                                 for       Tanev

Tampa - Drouin                                                  for      Tanev

Toronto - Nylander                                             for      Tanev

Tornoto - 2017 1st + Ott 2017 2nd                     for     Tanev

*Wash - 2017 1st + 2018 1st + #1 prospect       for      Tanev

* Wash pays big numbers that are actually smaller as Tanev puts them to the top , which make the picks almost 2nd rounders

** All trades may need Cap retention for a player back for cap reasons

Not saying I am the best trader......may be the worst..............but do any of them work?

Flame away! No really! I wouldn't mind you hacking them up!

Sam Reinhart you are giving away to much for the guy, you need to think real Tanev and the CBJ's 2nd would be more then enough

4 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I think you're going a bit too far the other way.  

Sam Reinhart is to JB what Kricji was in Boston.  I really think JB is all about getting Sam.  Virtanen and this year's first would be in play too, IMHAO.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sam Reinhart is to JB what Kricji was in Boston.  I really think JB is all about getting Sam.  Virtanen and this year's first would be in play too, IMHAO.  

We need more speed.  Canucks should focus on Duchene. If we want a skill center then we should just go after RNH who will come at a cheaper cost.  But in no way should this years first be in play.  

15 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

We need more speed.  Canucks should focus on Duchene. If we want a skill center then we should just go after RNH who will come at a cheaper cost.  But in no way should this years first be in play.  

Trevor's recent comments about rebuilding not being fair to the Twins, and other news (so called) sources indicating the rebuild is done, and I wonder about this year's first.  Yes RNH would come cheaper than Sam, but JB probably heavily scouted Reinhart.  

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Trevor's recent comments about rebuilding not being fair to the Twins, and other news (so called) sources indicating the rebuild is done, and I wonder about this year's first.  Yes RNH would come cheaper than Sam, but JB probably heavily scouted Reinhart.  

Then we move out the old core and build the new.  Lets dream for a minute.

Sutter + Hansen for RNH + 3rd round pick

Tanev + Baertschi for Domi + 3rd round pick

Miller for Niemi + Conditional 2nd round pick

Sedins (retain 50%) For Drouin + Callahan

Edler + Brisebois + CBJ 2nd for Emilin + Sergachev

Domi Horvat Eriksson

Drouin RHN Boeser

Virtanen Granlund Rodin

Gaunce Chaput Callahan

Hutton Gudbranson

Tryamkin Stecher

Juolevi Sergachev

Marky

Niemi

In 2017 draft we’d have:

Top 10 pick

2x second round picks

3x third round picks

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Then we move out the old core and build the new.  Lets dream for a minute.

Sutter + Hansen for RNH + 3rd round pick

Tanev + Baertschi for Domi + 3rd round pick

Miller for Niemi + Conditional 2nd round pick

Sedins (retain 50%) For Drouin + Callahan

Edler + Brisebois + CBJ 2nd for Emilin + Sergachev

Domi Horvat Eriksson

Drouin RHN Boeser

Virtanen Granlund Rodin

Gaunce Chaput Callahan

Hutton Gudbranson

Tryamkin Stecher

Juolevi Sergachev

Marky

Niemi

In 2017 draft we’d have:

Top 10 pick

2x second round picks

3x third round picks

I love this dream, and refuse to wake up.  This dream is like eating chocolate.  :)

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

I somewhat agree but to me we would then have to move either the twins or Sutter,and Sutter is a Benning type of player

we would need to keep Horvat fo he will not be in play

I think we need to draft or trade for a group of 8 young forwards in the NHL and have two or three decent ones in the minors before we make a move unless like we have is to many D men that teams want

a 1st I do not think we can trade unless it is for a young star and Sam seems to be one

I'm fully on board with trading one of Tanev or Edler, but I believe Tanev has the highest value around the league and would be the better choice to trade. Reinhart is the player I'd go hard after with Tanev as the centerpiece going back. Tanev + Granlund + CBJ 2nd might be close? Rein can play wing until the Sedins retire or even move Henrik to RW since he loves the right side wall and he's too slow to be first back defensively anyways. 

Daniel - Rein - Henrik 

Eriksson - Bo - Hansen 

Baer - Sutter - Burrows/Rodin

Chaput/Burr - Gaunce - Skilled (dors out for year) 

Edler - Stecher 

Hutton - Gud

Sbisa - Tram

Archived