The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa vs Micheal Ferland 04/12/2016

C.m.sawers

For what its wroth looks like bieksa dislike for Ferland is alive as well as their fight 2 mins in set the tone for a chippy game tonight. Flames won 8-3 and lots of nasty hits and dislike between the teams and a bit of a line brawl in the 3rd period.

2:11 into the 1st period

38 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

&^@# FERLAND and the &^@# refs for being biased and letting him get way with cheap hits/charges during our playoff series against them. 

Weasel, I love most of the stuff you post, but I have to strongly disagree here.

The guy is a great hitter with decent size and wheels. He completely exposed the lack of size and grit Vancouver had on their D corps in that series. He became mostly invisible against the Ducks and was actually injured himself from a hit HE was on the receiving end of. 

What a tilt... Now that's hockey! 

Martin Guddy was pretty epic too... 

But man oh man... Watching juice in that disgusting jersey makes me sick to my stomach. 

Forever a Canuck in my books. His character defines a true man. 

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

So is the NHL putting an asterisk beside the rematch and sending one of their lackeys to speak to Cgy/Ana?  

Only if someone was overheard making threats after the game.

16 minutes ago, The Sedge said:

Does it drive anyone else nuts when someone writes the date as dd/mm/yyyy or just me?  

Nope, just you. mm/dd/yyyy is the American way of doing it. Lots of people have picked up on it, but the British/Canadian way is actually dd/mm/yyyy.

20 minutes ago, The Sedge said:

Does it drive anyone else nuts when someone writes the date as dd/mm/yyyy or just me?  

Not really...

From small to big.  yyyy/mm/dd works as well... from big to small.

mm/dd/yyyy just doesn't really make sense from a consistency standpoint.  

25 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Not really...

From small to big.  yyyy/mm/dd works as well... from big to small.

mm/dd/yyyy just doesn't really make sense from a consistency standpoint.  

Yeah it does, everyone says November 7th not the 7th of November.  That is one thing dem yanks got right.

Just now, Tre Mac said:

Yeah it does, everyone says November 7th not the 7th of November.  That is one thing dem yanks got right.

Holidays are usually done date and then month.

You hear more "4th of July" than "July 4th".

The "25th of December" rather than "December 25th"

At least what my (most likely confirmation biased) memory remembers.  

10 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Weasel, I love most of the stuff you post, but I have to strongly disagree here.

The guy is a great hitter with decent size and wheels. He completely exposed the lack of size and grit Vancouver had on their D corps in that series. He became mostly invisible against the Ducks and was actually injured himself from a hit HE was on the receiving end of. 

grumpy-cat-says-good-1440109287.jpg

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

Only if someone was overheard making threats after the game.

Nope, just you. mm/dd/yyyy is the American way of doing it. Lots of people have picked up on it, but the British/Canadian way is actually dd/mm/yyyy.

Canada seems to be one of the few countries where they are just like "do whatever you want, we don't need a universal format."  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country

Canada can't risk stepping on anyone's toes so they just take the neutral position.  Typical Canada.

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

nahh, just imaging playoff hockey types, you know, which we have not had too many of.

Moot point now, isn't it.

Not in the past, but that seems to be the type of player JB likes.  But yeah, kinda have to make the playoffs first.

Archived