The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa vs Micheal Ferland 04/12/2016

C.m.sawers

12 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Weasel, I love most of the stuff you post, but I have to strongly disagree here.

The guy is a great hitter with decent size and wheels. He completely exposed the lack of size and grit Vancouver had on their D corps in that series. He became mostly invisible against the Ducks and was actually injured himself from a hit HE was on the receiving end of. 

Hitting someone while taking 20 strides before hand at full speed is charging and illegal by the NHL rule book. That was never called during that series and showed the brutal officiating in a playoff series. I've noticed that a lot of his charging and hitting form behind has gone out of his game the past couple years. Something tells me the league had a little chat with someone from the Flames.

On 12/4/2016 at 11:43 PM, RRypien37 said:

Weasel, I love most of the stuff you post, but I have to strongly disagree here.

The guy is a great hitter with decent size and wheels. He completely exposed the lack of size and grit Vancouver had on their D corps in that series. He became mostly invisible against the Ducks and was actually injured himself from a hit HE was on the receiving end of. 

Many were clean, many were borderline and several were charges.  No calls. 

Its always fun watching lames "tough guys" getting pummelled. 

The biggest comedy is that flames fans have mocked the Sedins toughness for years by calling them "sisters", but now their top line features a guy that weighs 157 lbs soaking wet who can probably be mauled  by the team Mascot. 

16 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Its always fun watching lames "tough guys" getting pummelled. 

The biggest comedy is that flames fans have mocked the Sedins toughness for years by calling them "sisters", but now their top line features a guy that weighs 157 lbs soaking wet who can probably be mauled  by the team Mascot. 

Made me laugh with that visual....especially that fierce looking Cat or whatever that thing is in Edmonton.  He could probably maul a number of different players.  Always remember when Craig MacTavish pulled Harvey the Hounds tongue out.  

Archived