The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Around the NHL Week of December (05-09) 2016

2a0lruc.jpg

December 05:

FLORIDA at BOSTON (7:00 PM EST on FS-F, NESN, NHLN-US, SN, TVAS)

OTTAWA at PITTSBURGH (7:00 PM EST on RDS2, ROOT, TSN5)

BUFFALO at WASHINGTON (7:00 PM EST on CSN-DC, MSG-B)

ARIZONA at COLUMBUS (7:00 PM EST on FS-A, FS-O)

December 06:

EDMONTON at BUFFALO (7:00 PM EST on MSG-B, SNW)

VANCOUVER at NEW JERSEY (7:00 PM EST on MSG+ 2, SNP)

NEW YORK at NEW YORK (7:00 PM EST on MSG 2, MSG+, SN1, SNO)

FLORIDA at PHILADELPHIA (7:00 PM EST on CSN-PH, FS-F)

MONTREAL at ST. LOUIS (8:00 PM EST on FS-MW, RDS, SNE)

COLORADO at NASHVILLE (8:00 PM EST on ALT, FS-TN, TVAS)

DETROIT at WINNIPEG (8:00 PM EST on FS-D+, TSN3)

ARIZONA at CHICAGO (8:30 PM EST on CSN-CH, FS-A PLUS)

CALGARY at DALLAS (8:30 PM EST on FS-SW, SNF)

December 07:

MINNESOTA at TORONTO (7:30 PM EST on FS-N, SN)

BOSTON at WASHINGTON (8:00 PM EST on NBCSN, TVAS)

CAROLINA at ANAHEIM (10:30 PM EST on FS-CR, FS-W)

OTTAWA at SAN JOSE (10:30 PM EST on CSN-CA, RDS, TSN5)

December 08:

COLORADO at BOSTON (7:00 PM EST on ALT, NESN)

ST. LOUIS at NEW YORK (7:00 PM EST on FS-MW, MSG+)

EDMONTON at PHILADELPHIA (7:00 PM EST on CSN-PH, SNOL)

NEW JERSEY at MONTREAL (7:30 PM EST on MSG+ 2, RDS, SN360)

VANCOUVER at TAMPA BAY (7:30 PM EST on SNV, SUN)

PITTSBURGH at FLORIDA (7:30 PM EST on FS-F, ROOT)

NEW YORK at WINNIPEG (8:00 PM EST on MSG, TSN3)

NASHVILLE at DALLAS (8:30 PM EST on FS-SW, FS-TN)

CALGARY at ARIZONA (9:00 PM EST on FS-A, SNF)

CAROLINA at LOS ANGELES (10:30 PM EST on FS-CR, FS-W)

December 09:

WASHINGTON at BUFFALO (7:00 PM EST on CSN-DC, MSG-B)

COLUMBUS at DETROIT (7:30 PM EST on FS-D+, FS-O)

ST. LOUIS at NEW JERSEY (7:30 PM EST on FS-MW, MSG)

EDMONTON at MINNESOTA (8:00 PM EST on FS-N, SNW)

NEW YORK at CHICAGO (8:30 PM EST on CSN-CH, MSG+, NHLN-US)

SAN JOSE at ANAHEIM (10:00 PM EST on CSN-CA, PRIME, SN)

Columbus with their 15th win. Now it's officially their best start in franchise history.

They are 9-1-2 in their last 12 games, and keep rolling along. Sam Gagner with 4 points tonight!

Werenski scores again..I am telling you, if you don't know about this kid, you should look into him. He is a future Norris candidate in years to come.

They are an awesome team to watch, full of skill and speed and grit.

I am excited to see them come out west in a few days, I really want to see how the Flames/Oilers/Canucks do against them.

8 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

Columbus with their 15th win. Now it's officially their best start in franchise history.

They are 9-1-2 in their last 12 games, and keep rolling along. Sam Gagner with 4 points tonight!

Werenski scores again..I am telling you, if you don't know about this kid, you should look into him. He is a future Norris candidate in years to come.

They are an awesome team to watch, full of skill and speed and grit.

I am excited to see them come out west in a few days, I really want to see how the Flames/Oilers/Canucks do against them.

I have Werenski as a dark horse to win the Calder. It will be tough going up against Matthews, Laine, and Marner etc. but he deserves to be in the conversation at this point.

3 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

I have Werenski as a dark horse to win the Calder. It will be tough going up against Matthews, Laine, and Marner etc. but he deserves to be in the conversation at this point.

To be honest, he isn't really even a dark horse. He plays top minutes on defense and is already arguably the best defenseman on his team, which has talented players like Seth Jones, Jack Johnson and Ryan Murray already back there. He is arguably be among the most defensively responsible offensive defensemen in the game RIGHT NOW. He's 7th in scoring by defensemen and he's only 19...

This might be premature, but from the 20 or so Columbus games I have watched, I think he is already better than P.K. Subban. He is that good.

The biggest wonder to me is why more people aren't talking about him. If he stays healthy and keeps playing this well, Columbus could make a deep run.

Anybody else feel that while it's a near lock that Jagr catches Howe's all-time points total he may not have enough in the tank to score 49 more goals at his current rate of production? I don't think it's going out on that small of a limb, but it's something I've been pondering. If he scores 16 goals this year and for 2 more years after, he'll tie him. 

21 hours ago, Mustapha said:

To be honest, he isn't really even a dark horse. He plays top minutes on defense and is already arguably the best defenseman on his team, which has talented players like Seth Jones, Jack Johnson and Ryan Murray already back there. He is arguably be among the most defensively responsible offensive defensemen in the game RIGHT NOW. He's 7th in scoring by defensemen and he's only 19...

This might be premature, but from the 20 or so Columbus games I have watched, I think he is already better than P.K. Subban. He is that good.

The biggest wonder to me is why more people aren't talking about him. If he stays healthy and keeps playing this well, Columbus could make a deep run.

I meant dark horse in the sense he is going to have a really hard time capturing the media's attention with how much coverage the other players I mentioned get. I definitely agree, his play should have him as one of the frontrunners.

As far as Wayne Gretzky is concerned Connor McDavid still has a ways to go before he can dethrone Sidney Crosby as the best player in hockey.

"Sid is still the best player in hockey. That's a mantle you earn over time," Gretzky told Craig Custance of ESPN. "It's one of those things where you have to earn that title."

"Is Connor a great player? Absolutely. Does Connor have an opportunity to be the next Crosby? Absolutely. Right now, Sidney deserves to be known as the best player in the game. He's been the best player consistently in his career. He's won Stanley Cups and he's won gold medals. Until somebody takes that mantle away from him, he's still going to hold the crown."

Connor McDavid pretty pissed at Manning ... last year he defended Manning and said no intentions to injure.  

But I guess Manning talked and sh*t on the ice tonight.  

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/mcdavid-calls-player-injured-last-season-classless/

"You know what, I did all I could defending him last year in the media," McDavid said. "Everyone wanted to make a big deal saying he did it on purpose. And he wanted to say some comments today about what went on last year and I thought it was one of the most classless things I’ve ever seen on the ice.

"He said some things and our guys responded accordingly. And I guess we can put the whole if he did it on purpose thing to rest because what he said out there kinda confirmed that. Shows what kind of guy he is when he doesn’t step up and fight some of our guys."

3 hours ago, Neversummer said:

Shows what kind of guy he is when he doesn’t step up and fight some of our guys."

:lol: 

Some of our guys. 

He tried to draw a penalty anyways with the baby jabs behind the net, too bad Manning didn't call him on it. I wish I heard what Manning really said. What ever happened to mic'd up anyways? 

Archived