The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Sedin's Trade Value (Discussion)

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

I get that J-23, but this game is changing fast....most young players are playing a fast north still game, the Sedin's are not doing either, how do you think they will look in 2 or 4 years........?

They'll look pretty good on the 2nd line with reduced minutes. ^_^

Opinion #1 makes no explicit mention of, and if it does it only trivially acknowledges the leadership the Sedins have with the Canucks.  They show what it takes to succeed, and that has value to the team.  Being successful in the future isn't going to hinge on whatever you get back for the Sedins.  

I don't think there is a team out there that could offer something worth trading them for AND fit them under the cap.

The only way I can see it being even possible is if we retained most of their salary and were compensated with some amazing prospects and picks from a team looking to stack themselves going in to the playoffs.

As has been said, this is completely redundant, because Linden and ownership simply wouldn't allow it.

10 hours ago, coastal.view said:

waste of a read

redundant

and you cannot retain more than 50% of cap

retaining 14 million in 1 year is impossible

write something meaningful if you are going to post

Do you know why I like you Coastal? It is because you are such a deep thinker!

Watch my hands Coastal..........now watch them........ here it goes.............

So you have 2 Sedins @ 7 million aside = 14 million.......keep watching..........now we retain 50% of both their contracts.......keeeep watching...............now you take on a real bad contract that the players isn't worth even close to what he is getting paid(say Last years Sbisa $3.5 million ) at full pop................keep watching.......................then they give you a scrub 4th liner ( That's 1 million )...................and presto, binga, banga boom.............the teams cost of the Sedin's is 2.5 million for 2 X 7 million dollar contracts

That's someone paying a net cost of 2,5 million on 14 million........................did you see it? Ahhhhh,  you weren't watching!

Typical!

And I suggest you do the same!

Archived