The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Philip Larsen Injury [UPDATE]

Roberts

Talk about Philip Larsen's injury here, plus I'll try to post some updates ASAP.

UPDATE: Philip Larsen is alert and responsive but has been taken to hospital for further evaluation/observation. "Philip Larsen was taken to hospital mainly for precautionary reasons"

Taylor Hall's response:

“I’m looking to make contact there, but I never want to see a guy laying on the ice there like that,” Hall said after the game, per Chris Ryan of NJ.com. “I only know how to play the game one way, and you’ve got to play it hard. But like I said, I feel terrible.

“When you see him laying on the ice like that, he’s a former teammate of mine, and I just would have loved to make a hit there and continue the play. I hope he’s OK.”

Happy 27th birthday to Philip Larsen!

Looks like the principal point of contact was the head. Reminds me a lot of Todd Bertuzzi's hit on Barret Jackman back in the '04 playoffs. Taylor Hall will get a phone call, but since it was a Canuck injured he'll get one game at most. This league is a joke. I think I'm about done with hockey, the way the NHL treats the Canucks.

3 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Best wishes to Larsen but I can't say I didn't see this coming.  175 pound defenceman from Europe can't survive in this league for a reason.

I don't usually minus people and I'm the king of bad taste. However, I do not like this comment. 

Just now, xereau said:

Larsen will be suspended for running into Hall's shoulder at 30 miles per hour.

Sounds about right. The league will point out that Larsen attempted to hit Hall head-on-head. Luckily, however, Taylor Hall managed to raise his shoulder to block Larsen's head, protecting himself from injury.

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Feel bad for the guy but the team's better off this way since our coach doesn't realize how much of a liability he is.

8 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Best wishes to Larsen but I can't say I didn't see this coming.  175 pound defenceman from Europe can't survive in this league for a reason.

Come on guys I am only entitled to one minus a day.

1 minute ago, The 5th Line said:

People get offended very easily nowadays.  I'm not going to cry over a stupid minus.  What was wrong with my comment anyways?  The team shouldn't be playing an undersized guy who looks like he's going to piss himself every time he's out there.  It was just a matter of time 

This was not the time or place for it.

Archived