The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Wouldn't a deal with JVR make sense?

No...it wouldn't make sense 

He's almost 28, under contract for $4.25 million until NEXT YEAR where he could just run, only played 2 ish full seasons since 2011 and is an average 47.4 points per season player

We can do far better....

The current form JVR would be beneficial to us 3-4 years from now. What's the point of trading our most valuable trade chip for a guy who's in his prime now and is only under contract until the end of next season... when we're not ready to compete for at least 3-4?

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

No...it wouldn't make sense 

He's almost 28, under contract for $4.25 million until NEXT YEAR where he could just run, only played 2 ish full seasons since 2011 and is an average 47.4 points per season player

We can do far better....

JB already said he's not trading guys with NTC's, unless the guy asks for a trade.  I wonder if JB considers Tanev's contract already counting as an NTC, because it's a signed deal, even though the NTC doesn't kick in until July 2017?

On 12/10/2016 at 2:10 PM, Kelly Green said:

jvr is worth sbisa and maybe baertshi

for tanev i'd want j drouin or an equal value player

While JVR isn't worth Tanev, he is worth a hell of alot more than Sbisa and Baertshi

Sbisa has negative value and Baertshi doesn't have value. JVR is a 30/30 powerforward on a team friendly contract with term

30 minutes ago, GoBoGo53 said:

While JVR isn't worth Tanev, he is worth a hell of alot more than Sbisa and Baertshi

Sbisa has negative value and Baertshi doesn't have value. JVR is a 30/30 powerforward on a team friendly contract with term

Doesn't JVR play for the Leafs?  HE IS CRAPOLLA!

Sbisa is too much for a Leaf loser!  

Go Canucks Go!!!:towel:

On 12/7/2016 at 11:34 AM, Alflives said:

JB already said he's not trading guys with NTC's, unless the guy asks for a trade.  I wonder if JB considers Tanev's contract already counting as an NTC, because it's a signed deal, even though the NTC doesn't kick in until July 2017?

then after July he will not trade him but for now he can and might be traded but not for JVR

Wow, some seriously delusional CDC'rs in this forum under the impression JVR isn't worth a Tanev. That's a straight swap, easily. Granted, what he does - score goals - would be wasted here on a team that is rebuilding (no shame in saying it at this point) and not going to be anywhere near the playoffs for another few years at least. To that end, it's going to be brutal watching Ericsson try to manufacture points - goals, specifically - after the Sedins are gone.

It makes little sense adding JVR to that misery if there aren't the playmakers up the middle necessary to feed those two the puck. But, if JB were still looking to add another top-6 LW in hopes of pushing the current model Canucks closer to competing for a playoff spot? JVR all day. I'm flabbergasted at anyone who, after looking at his career numbers, determines that he's useless simply because he skates for Toronto. Seems the same nonsensical pretzel logic that enabled Tanev to have a bigger cap hit than him, for some reason. I guess those CDC'rs are unaware JVR began in his career in Philly and don't mind an overpriced "#1" defenceman. I even read a CDC comment this week that Tanev would easily be a top-2 D on any team in the league. Really? 'Cause, I wouldn't even rate him higher than Alec Martinez, whom I'd actually prefer as a Canuck over Hutton if forced to choose a LHD.

And, I noticed at least one comment that mentioned JVR's injury history. Chris Tanev doesn't have that problem? Some folks at this site acting like Tanev's the second coming of something or someone. Ok...

Look, let's not act as if he's up there with Kris Letang, injuries and all. Eye test says he's not. He's barely comparable to Cam Fowler, who I think is overrated, too. 

Tanev's decent, I guess. But as I've said for a couple years in forums at this site just like this one, he's a RD1 only by default, and overvalued by CDC'rs wearing homer glasses. And, far too invisible to be considered a game-breaker. Oh, and, do those CDC'rs who dismiss JVR for his age realise that they were both born the same year?  

Final verdict: yes to JVR if there weren't already so many holes and question marks on this team. He'd just be wasting away here. Just like Ericsson in another 3 years, maybe. 

On 2016-12-10 at 7:50 AM, GoBoGo53 said:

JVR wouldn't have Mitch Marner passing him the puck here. 

Is the implication that JVR isn't effective without Marner? If so, I'm looking at JVR's career numbers and wondering how'd he manage 136G and 141A without him before this season? 

Archived