The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[NHL Entry Draft 2018] Rasmus Dahlin

Toews

7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

if you think teams are tanking now wait until they change the draft age up to 19 year olds. By that age there will be much more certainly about the top talent and we'll see shameless tanking like never before imo. 

Chances are we'll be in the top 10 again in draft picks and there's a lot of good D talent there, maybe not a mobile as Dahlin but there are a lot of D we'd be pretty happy with. Really I'll be happy with anyone F or D in the top 10 but Brady Tkachuck. 

actually i wasn't complaining about tanking, i was having a winge about the fact that the canucks were a lousy team that dropped down in the draft while a playoff bubble team moved ahead of them.  i don't understand how the governors are willing to accept that this current lottery system is the way to go when it is actually preventing very poor teams from improving through the draft.  for starters, it would be nice to see only the bottom 10 teams in the lottery and, for the sake of pr, a lottery that is actually live.  they could pick the 10th seed first and work their way to the top pick overall by reversing the ball count.  the worst team would have the least amount of bingo balls and the 10th seed the most.

we will likely have the luxury of high draft picks for several more years but we need to make the most of it 

i agree, next year is loaded with talent on the back end.  can't see us taking tkachuck either 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2017 at 5:55 PM, granpappy said:

actually i wasn't complaining about tanking, i was having a winge about the fact that the canucks were a lousy team that dropped down in the draft while a playoff bubble team moved ahead of them.  i don't understand how the governors are willing to accept that this current lottery system is the way to go when it is actually preventing very poor teams from improving through the draft.  for starters, it would be nice to see only the bottom 10 teams in the lottery and, for the sake of pr, a lottery that is actually live.  they could pick the 10th seed first and work their way to the top pick overall by reversing the ball count.  the worst team would have the least amount of bingo balls and the 10th seed the most.

we will likely have the luxury of high draft picks for several more years but we need to make the most of it 

i agree, next year is loaded with talent on the back end.  can't see us taking tkachuck either 

If you don't like it, find out where Kevin Lowe lives and find a paper bag, a park where dogs frequent and some matches - you can figure out the rest.

On 07/10/2017 at 8:44 AM, Rob_Zepp said:

If you don't like it, find out where Kevin Lowe lives and find a paper bag, a park where dogs frequent and some matches - you can figure out the rest.

no, sadly, i'm too old for that prank.  i would like to believe that the lottery system has net yet found its final incarnation

On 10/6/2017 at 6:44 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

I can give the address.  I'm honestly sitting about 10 minutes from his house in Edmonton right now, he lives a couple blocks down from the inlaws.

• 1 month later...

Point per game as a 17 year old defenceman in the SHL is insane. This kid is going to be a future star for sure. He may easily end up the next Karlsson or Lidstrom.

Whoever ends up with the 1st overall pick is going to have a dynasty on their hands soon. Most of the teams likely to pick in the 1-5th overall spot already have some decent prospects but a future repeat Norris winner will take that franchise deep. Lets just hope it's the Canucks. Funny how 1 player can turn around a team, and Dahlin is that type of player.

6 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Point per game as a 17 year old defenceman in the SHL is insane. This kid is going to be a future star for sure. He may easily end up the next Karlsson or Lidstrom.

Whoever ends up with the 1st overall pick is going to have a dynasty on their hands soon. Most of the teams likely to pick in the 1-5th overall spot already have some decent prospects but a future repeat Norris winner will take that franchise deep. Lets just hope it's the Canucks. Funny how 1 player can turn around a team, and Dahlin is that type of player.

Point per game? He has 7 points in 17 games according to http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=310545

23 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Ya he's far from ppg. Still he's showing why he's rank 1.

• 1 month later...

Dahlin to Pettersson...he scores!

I could get really used to hearing that.

I love what Dahlin said of Pettersson recently (in today's Province): "He's sick. He can score, he can make plays. Give him the puck and he can do great things".

Pretty high praise from who could become the best NHL D ever.

14 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Dahlin to Pettersson...he scores!

I could get really used to hearing that.

I love what Dahlin said of Pettersson recently (in today's Province): "He's sick. He can score, he can make plays. Give him the puck and he can do great things".

Pretty high praise from who could become the best NHL D ever.

Just to be certain we win that draft lottery ... 

8F10C422-F465-4450-8ED7-968F85CC7B3F.png

On 11/14/2017 at 1:41 PM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Yzerman as good as he was couldn't accomplish anything team wise until Lidstrom arrived. That's how important the General on D is. Dahlin will change the fortunes of a franchise for next decade plus. 

Wish it's our year. We have to luck out sooner or later and if there ever was a year Canucks fans should want the 1st overall it's this year. 

On 1/2/2018 at 5:57 PM, WHL rocks said:

Yzerman as good as he was couldn't accomplish anything team wise until Lidstrom arrived. That's how important the General on D is. Dahlin will change the fortunes of a franchise for next decade plus. 

Wish it's our year. We have to luck out sooner or later and if there ever was a year Canucks fans should want the 1st overall it's this year. 

Lidstrom wasn't the factor you're making him out to be on those 97/98 cup wins. The Russians played huge minutes and Shanahan coming over were far more important. It took years for Detroit to get over the hump and Lidstrom was there for years before it happened. There is a reason Stevie Y won the Con Smythe in 1998...$&!# he should have won over Lidstrom in 2001 playing on one knee and leading the league in playoff scoring. He is the reason Detroit beat Vancouver in the come back....Yzerman took over that series.....well that and Cloutier. 

5 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Lidstrom wasn't the factor you're making him out to be on those 97/98 cup wins. The Russians played huge minutes and Shanahan coming over were far more important. It took years for Detroit to get over the hump and Lidstrom was there for years before it happened. There is a reason Stevie Y won the Con Smythe in 1998...$&!# he should have won over Lidstrom in 2001 playing on one knee and leading the league in playoff scoring. He is the reason Detroit beat Vancouver in the come back....Yzerman took over that series.....well that and Cloutier. 

Obviously you're a huge yzerman fan. Do u recall who scored the goal from centre ice to turn the series around..

Yzerman was almost traded Mike illitch had to intervene at the last minute. No Lindstrom yzerman doesn't get 3 cups. 

I was a huge Wong's fan. Loved yzerman. But having one of 2 best dmen ever to play the game certainly helps. 

18 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Obviously you're a huge yzerman fan. Do u recall who scored the goal from centre ice to turn the series around..

Yzerman was almost traded Mike illitch had to intervene at the last minute. No Lindstrom yzerman doesn't get 3 cups. 

I was a huge Wong's fan. Loved yzerman. But having one of 2 best dmen ever to play the game certainly helps. 

That was one goal....guess who led scoring in the series...

FYI I went to each game in Vancouver in that series and watched the entire Wings playoff run. I grew up more of a Wings fan until 1999 when they brought in Chelios and Samulsson on the same day....

Having been there live what amazed me most in games 4 and 6 was just how much better coached and deep that Wings team was.  That and Brett Hull...man that guy was slow but always knew where to be and became a hell of a 2 way player those last few years.  

Archived