The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall goalie Thatcher Demko

JV77

3 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

Even if he is forced into action and he gets shelled in an NHL game he isn't going to be "ruined". The kid is getting a degree in applied psychology with a minor in philosophy. I think he has his head screwed on correctly and any experience will be good experience.

While he's playing out of his mind, I wouldn't mind him not having to face nhl players to throw him off at this particular moment. 

Also, studying psychology doesn't necessarily mean he's going to use it effectively. My sis has a masters in psych and she's gone off the rails before. 

4 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

While he's playing out of his mind, I wouldn't mind him not having to face nhl players to throw him off at this particular moment. 

Also, studying psychology doesn't necessarily mean he's going to use it effectively. My sis has a masters in psych and she's gone off the rails before. 

What if Markstrom faces 45 shots and a shootout tomorrow? The Sunday game is at 2pm, that's a pretty quick turnaround. Are you going to risk Markstrom tightening up in the 3rd period on Sunday and pulling a muscle? Then what?

As for the other comment, you're trying to find something that isn't there.

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Not sure how I feel about this, here's hoping he's not up long. He's been doing well in Utica and I'd love for him to continue that.

It's probably only for this weekend because of the b2b. Miller will probably be back against CAR (hopefully).

21 minutes ago, numb3r 16 said:

Part of me wants demko to play tomorrow so that we can save markstrom for the capitals offense on Sunday... the back to back is 24 hours apart, I highly doubt markstrom plays both and risks pulling something; getting injured.

But Demko played tonight. He's either in an airport or on a plane to Florida right now. There's no way that he should play tomorrow. My guess is that Markstrom plays the back to back, but that's going to be an interesting decision for Willie D.

37 minutes ago, numb3r 16 said:

Part of me wants demko to play tomorrow so that we can save markstrom for the capitals offense on Sunday... the back to back is 24 hours apart, I highly doubt markstrom plays both and risks pulling something; getting injured.

Less than 24 hours apart.......I agree...highly doubt they have Markstrom play both games.....could be an interesting weekend !

I doubt this is a serious call up to see him in games. The Canucks do this from time to time. Benning has mentioned in the past, I believe, that they do like to call up guys from time to time who are playing well to reward them for grinding it out in the minors and to see that they are getting close to their dream of being an NHL regular and also at the same time to see what they need to work on in person to fine tune their game so that they can be at the NHL level consistently in the future.

Pedan similarly was mentioned as playing well since coming back from injury. The Larsen and Miller injuries have just expedited the process for these two.

Archived