The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MacIntyre's three thoughts: It's over for the Canucks, probably over for Desjardins

VanGnome

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

& GOOD FOR GULLY! Seems a good, young hockey mind(Torts raved about the guy!)

Let's not sink to the level, where we're snifflin' & lookin' over the neighbours fence. #refusetogothere

Hey it's not like I mentioned our old assistant winning the cup last year thanks to Jimbo sending them Bonino 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

Why not find out? Willie can't get more from this team. Thats clear. You either think its the coach or the talent. 

Willie has also shown he's - at best - if you're being generous - kind of OK. Thats not a reason to keep him, not when there are only 31 jobs for his role. 

Try Gallant. Bring back the Crow. Try Jarvis. There are options, and it can't be worse, we're already last place. 

Or it could destabilize the team further and actually hurt players development (one of the things WD has actually been good at FWIW).

And if new coach does manage to eek one or two more drops of blood from the stone, what does that get us? Three or four more wins on the season? A worse pick?

Meh... deal with it in the off season when there's more options to replace him if that's the direction we want to go. At the earliest, maybe a month or so left to give Green a low pressure tryout.

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

That's BS JR !  If your a Coach on a salary in the NHL, you make the time for the young players.

There is always time for discussion.

Thats what separates good coaches from the rest.

Thats how you earn respect from them and your vets.. that's what creates teams that play together.

Virt didn't need discussion (which I'm sure WD gave him plenty of). He needed practice time and playing time to apply and repeat those things. That was never going to happen at this level. Regardless of coach.

5 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Yes he can, he's the coach. He can split them up. He can give them better partners. He can lower their minutes. And besides that, they have been great leaders for a long time and I know you know that. 

But like JR said, lets hang on to "adequate" :rolleyes: 

Why do you refuse to assign any of the results to Willie? Whats his special mojo?

To be honest I saw very little leadership ON THE ICE. That imo came more from Bieksa, Hammer, and Kesler.

I don't consider Willie blameless by any means but this roster is vastly over rated. The Twins are NOW vastly over rated. I also do not have the knowledge to know if and when Willie is making a mistake other than IMO, the occasional time out or player selection - but I see ALL coaches doing that, don't tell me you don't.

Despite blatant deficiencies we are also missing our top D pairing, our top energy guy and a possible accomplished sniper -  I don't see anyone acknowledging that.

Willie imo is doing a good job with what he has available to him - which is not that much. Where ARE the high picks in this team, you tell me, yet to read some of the crap written on here you would think we have been stocking 1st and 2nd rounders for 3 or 4 years and raising them through the AHL like most of our opponents. NO we haven't and that is not WD's fault or JB's

6 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Why not find out? Willie can't get more from this team. Thats clear. You either think its the coach or the talent. 

Willie has also shown he's - at best - if you're being generous - kind of OK. Thats not a reason to keep him, not when there are only 31 jobs for his role. 

Try Gallant. Bring back the Crow. Try Jarvis. There are options, and it can't be worse, we're already last place. 

Jarvis would be my choice for the remainder of this season...then look to hire a new guy with a fresh start next season...Gallant,Crow and Green are all good choices for next year.

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

You're only seeing what you want to see.

I see that he has run out of tricks,. A six million dollar man on the 4th line..

THAT Speaks volume to me C73

.. I said it before it happened, they needed to get Virtannen away from this mess.

Ever have a rock chip in your windshield ? ..and over the course of a year a crack runs endlessly across the full width??

Thats what has happened here.

There is no way in hell, this gets fixed with Willie driving.

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don't think (I forget) I have ever said anything about now, other than developing our young players, and building for the future.  Keep WD, but give him the mandate to develop players.  

Not quite true Alf, you have regularly paid your subscription to the "Lynch Willie" mob.

As to the rest of your post of course we are developing our young players and we have a good number of possible players in production. Willie doesn't set the agenda, he just tries to push liquid sh-t uphill.

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No point whining about it til it happens then as you can see there is plenty to whine about here 

Was talking a about a retool vs rebuild, we havent got assets back at the deadline in the last view seasons, hopefully that changes this deadline, meaning a change of direction.

How about you contribute to a discussion.

7 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Or it could destabilize the team further and actually hurt players development (one of the things WD has actually been good at FWIW).

And if new coach does manage to eek one or two more drops of blood from the stone, what does that get us? Three or four more wins on the season? A worse pick?

Meh... deal with it in the off season when there's more options to replace him if that's the direction we want to go. At the earliest, maybe a month or so left to give Green a low pressure tryout.

So could a few more games like last night. 

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Why is Willie still here? 

Because the next coach can't do anything different. The Sedins aren't going to get younger with a new coach. Edler & Tanev aren't going to all of a sudden turn into iron men...

Are we suppose to challenge for the cup this year?

All the tankers (I hear a lot of them on here every day) should want WD here & to continue losing. Isn't that how we're supposed to get our future young stars...

It's unbelievable how so many people on here say that we need better draft picks & younger talent, yet we are headed into that direction & now everyone wants to win NOW at the same time???. Which one is it?

No coach can make this team a cup contender this year or next. Got to learn how to deal with reality people...

3 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Jarvis would be my choice for the remainder of this season...then look to hire a new guy with a fresh start next season...Gallant,Crow and Green are all good choices for next year.

Why are they good coaches? Explain it using their records as to why they are better than the incumbent.

Archived