The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Duchene and Landeskog could be hitting the market

billabong

26 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

I disagree. Larsson got Taylor Hall. 

People need to stop bringing up this trade.

1. Edmonton was in desperate need of a defensemen. Teams were lowballing Edmonton, because they knew about their situation. Thus, Edmonton had to overpay to get what they wanted. The AVs are not nearly as desperate, and if they're going to trade one of their offensive players, they would want someone who brings more than what Tanev brings to the table.

2. Larsson was 23 years old, with some offensive upside, and hasn't reached his full potential. Tanev is 27, in his prime years, with little to none offensive upside.

2 minutes ago, shiznak said:

People need to stop bring up this trade.

1. Edmonton was in desperate need of a defensemen. Teams were lowballing Edmonton, because they knew about their situation. Thus, Edmonton had to overpay to get what they wanted. The AVs are not nearly as desperate, and if they're going to trade one of their offensive players, they would want someone who brings more than what Tanev brings to the table.

2. Larsson was 23 years old, with some offensive upside, and hasn't reached his full potential. Tanev is 27, in his prime years, with little to none offensive upside.

Agreed. To get Landeskog for Tanev we would need to add in another young player like Virtanen or Baertschi at the very least, maybe a pick as well. 

I'd love to have either of em depending on what we'd have to cough up. I doubt Edler would okay it but I'd be find with shipping out him or Tanev. What concerns me is any picks or prospects we'd have to add. Not interestied in moving either of those if the Avs are looking for significant gravy.

I would take either! Please! Landeskog first, but Duchene would be awesome too. Hell get them both!

I think Landeskog would come cheaper given his lackluster performance this season. I expect him to be able to turn it around too. Duchene would also be awesome and give a 1c option after Henrik. Get it done.

But remember people, teams all over the league will be calling. Just a Tanev or and Edler probably won't do it.

51 minutes ago, shiznak said:

People need to stop bringing up this trade.

Maybe so. But IMO Tanev pus a small add is in the right ballpark for Landeskog. 

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Here it comes...Dream proposal time.....

Sutter + Hutton for Duchene + pick

Sedins (50%) for Plekanec + Sergachev + conditional pick

Tanev + Granlund for Domi 

Top 6 of:

Domi Horvat Boeser

Baertschi Duchene Virtanen

*with a top 10 pick this year.

Future D of:

Juolevi Sergachev

Tryamkin Stecher

Sbisa Gudbranson

Sounds like the Canucks become the new young rebuilding team and pile up the losses.

Something Benning would never do and ownership would never agree to a true strip it down rebuild.

This retool going on right now is as good as it gets...

Realistically if were getting any one of Landeskog Duchene Makinnon were giving up Virtanen + or our first + or Horvat+. Don't see why they would want Tanev when they can get 2 top 5 picks one through trade and the other through tanking. No point in trying to rescue this season. 

Archived