The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Duchene and Landeskog could be hitting the market

billabong

50 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Colorado Avalanche asked for Cody Ceci, a first-round pick in 2017, Thomas Chabot or Colin White + more in exchange for either Matt Duchene or Gabriel Landeskog.

Senators GM Pierre Dorion scoffed at the price.

"Joe and I talked and, at this point in time, I can’t see us going in that direction. It wouldn’t make sense."

If that's what they're asking from Ottawa I can only imagine what they would want form other teams.

They ain't gonna get that sort of return, not this season. If the price doesn't come down to something more reasonable Colorado could end up standing at the alter alone once the trade deadline passes.

On 2/13/2017 at 6:51 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Colorado Avalanche asked for Cody Ceci, a first-round pick in 2017, Thomas Chabot or Colin White + more in exchange for either Matt Duchene or Gabriel Landeskog.

Senators GM Pierre Dorion scoffed at the price.

"Joe and I talked and, at this point in time, I can’t see us going in that direction. It wouldn’t make sense."

Holy crap, no wonder that team is so poorly run if they value players like that.

Label this under the WTF have you been smoking idiot category

Count Boston out?

With the Colorado Avalanche putting a high price tag on both Gabriel Landeskog and Matt Duchene, Joe Haggerty of CSN New England suggests the Boston Bruins should stay out of the sweepstakes for either.

Haggerty believes that if the Avalanche demand either Brandon Carlo or Charlie McAvoy in a package from the Bruins, then Boston should demand Nathan MacKinnon in return.

Carlo, 20, was the 37th overall pick of the 2015 NHL Draft and owns four goals and nine assists in 59 games with the Bruins this season. McAvoy, selected 14th overall last year, owns four goals and 20 points at Boston University this season.

Haggerty believes a Duchene deal for the Bruins would have to involve David Krejci, and his $7.25 million cap hit, going back to the Avalanche. Overall, however, he believes Duchene makes more sense for the rival Montreal Canadiens than he does for the Bruins.

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Label this under the WTF have you been smoking idiot category

Count Boston out?

With the Colorado Avalanche putting a high price tag on both Gabriel Landeskog and Matt Duchene, Joe Haggerty of CSN New England suggests the Boston Bruins should stay out of the sweepstakes for either.

Haggerty believes that if the Avalanche demand either Brandon Carlo or Charlie McAvoy in a package from the Bruins, then Boston should demand Nathan MacKinnon in return.

Carlo, 20, was the 37th overall pick of the 2015 NHL Draft and owns four goals and nine assists in 59 games with the Bruins this season. McAvoy, selected 14th overall last year, owns four goals and 20 points at Boston University this season.

Haggerty believes a Duchene deal for the Bruins would have to involve David Krejci, and his $7.25 million cap hit, going back to the Avalanche. Overall, however, he believes Duchene makes more sense for the rival Montreal Canadiens than he does for the Bruins.

Bergevin said no number 1 centres are available, so either the price is to high or they don't view Duchene as a #1 centre.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Bergevin said no number 1 centres are available, so either the price is to high or they don't view Duchene as a #1 centre.

Bergevin may not but WTF is Haggerty smoking.

Carlo worth Mackinnon?  Even as part of a package deal WTF.

Even if you are playing hardball give your head a shake Haggerty

I think Sakic is right to do what he's doing

The only way he stays on as GM is if he hits either trade or both out of the park

If he is unable to do that I believe he will be replaced this summer, and they are going to want to let their new GM handle these delicate superstar trades, rather than haveing him clean up after some half-baked Sakic deal

Sakic could have been brought along and learned to be an executive over time, by the organization, hell, even the Wings preferred Yzerman cut his teeth elsewhere before he finally returns to Detroit and keeps the GM spot for the rest of his lifemaniacal so

Roy may be a megalomaniacal sociopath but those are plusses when running a hockey team. Why did the organization turn on him so quickly? I thought he was getting results?

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Duchene can score, and he can be deployed at center ice, but that is where any similarity to a #1 center ends

Part of the problem with the team is that he plays like a winger while taking up some of the mot important minutes at center ice. all the things a great center does:, controlling the slot on both offense and defense, controlling the transition game, starting set plays and making them happen, seeing plays develop and distributing the puck accordingly, working with the defence to transition the puck and hitting winners with receivable passes at top speed aren't things he does, they require fierce hard work and attention to detail, not his strong suits,  He plays like a lazy winger, let the other guys do the dirty work so he can get the pass for an easy scoring chance

Like Pat Quin said about (one of my faves so it pains me to repeat) Cliff Ronning "He's only a center once he crosses the opposition blueline" I think he was being a little hard on Cliff who played an underrated tenacious game, but in this case the shoe fits.,

I am praying Toronto gets him, and trades Kadri to get him, they would be sooooo screwed.

But Trump may not like that trade

If only the money could work out. I bet Sakic would love reuniting Drouin with MacKinnion :D

Could you image the damage those 2 could cause together at the nhl level.  Their top level talent doesnt mesh well. Through in drouin and you have instant chemistry.

Tampa is going to have a hard time signing him to term with their current cap situation.  Be interesting too see if somehow parts can be moved to see it come to fruition. 

• 1 month later...

Archived