The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trade Eriksson

dpn1

5 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Really? We're going to start this conversation all over again? Why did we have 18 pages (and counting) on Eriksson already if people aren't going to read it?

Because there are never enough threads for the haters to reiterate their hate.

Give him Granny as center and Rodin on the other wing, and 15 mins a game and he'll hit 60 points.

He's one of our best defensive forwards .. sure, he doesn't hit, but who among our forwards do?  (Skille and Gaunce are our leaders among forwards).  He's not soft and is one of our better penalty killers.

He is currently 3rd in Corsi and 4th in Fenwick, so it's  not like he is a bust

10 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Really? We're going to start this conversation all over again? Why did we have 18 pages (and counting) on Eriksson already if people aren't going to read it?

Loui is not a crap player. But he's on Willie's island of misfit toys, and is not being used properly. I can't blame the tool if the carpenter is a hack. 

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Loui is not a crap player. But he's on Willie's island of misfit toys, and is not being used properly. I can't blame the tool if the carpenter is a hack. 

He has been given plenty of time with the twins and he looks lost out there. I dont blame WD for taking him off that line so where else does he play him ?

He is lackluster cause he knows he has no chance of winning.  If the sedins didn't fall off a cliff this year they would still have a shot.... that's why he signed here.... to replicate Olympic success.     but it's over before it started, we needed him here a few years ago or sooner, it might have worked.  Brilliant idea to get and sign him....  one last shot for the sedins to win with the team...  but time waits for nobody, too bad as it would have been really fun to watch!!!

So don't pretend u wouldn't have risked sucking a bit longer in the down times for another sliver of hope.  Even if we had another run but fell short it would be fun.  That's what we tried, it just didn't work.  Was a long shot, but we aren't winning now anyways so what's the risk?

now that it failed, the length of his contract probably equals the time it takes to rebuild this franchise.  We are 5+ years out people.  Luongos retirement won't mean squat, as we won't be competing so cap space won't matter.  So chill and enjoy the games,  btw we need a new coach who can play the young guys.

peace

1 minute ago, TheAce said:

He has been given plenty of time with the twins and he looks lost out there. I dont blame WD for taking him off that line so where else does he play him ?

That line was never given time to gel. 4 games in and Willie already started moving Loui around. Its ridiculous given all the international success they've had. 

And look at the experimentation since then - you  think all that Chaput time is good deployment?

Sure the signing doesn't look too promising right now, but at the same time he has been playing in a Canuck jersey for 3 months... it takes time to adapt to new environments. As an ex-professional athlete I can relate to what he is going through. Give him time to adapt. 

Secondly, being a young rebuilding team, his contract won't kill us over the next 6 years.

Keep calm and stay the course. I still believe Eriksson is going to help us 2-3 years from now when we get back into the playoffs.

5 hours ago, Rocksterh8 said:

I told everyone on CDC awhile ago that this was a terrible signing, but I got nothing but negatives for it. Most on here think he is a great addition to the club, I don't know why. 

They either don't know hockey or don't want to admit Jim's huge mistake. Either way it's horrible for this hockey club and no team in their right mind would take him now.

You told CDC a lot of things over the last while.  All wrong so far.

The bolded part is my new fave

Archived