The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's on tonight's menu?

Rate this topic

riffraff

13 hours ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

152492981.jpg

Cross rib roast, lubed up with olive oil n sea salt, then gently caressed with rosemary, sage, and thyme. Stuffed with garlic, some thick onion chunks thrown around the sides.  Some more garlic with potatoes n carrots baking on the side. 

Maybe some Yorkshire pudding if can find a dam muffin tray  !?!  

Solid effort for a Thursday night!

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

152492981.jpg

Cross rib roast, lubed up with olive oil n sea salt, then gently caressed with rosemary, sage, and thyme. Stuffed with garlic, some thick onion chunks thrown around the sides.  Some more garlic with potatoes n carrots baking on the side. 

Dayyum! That looks scrumptious!

• Upvote 1

Prime rib roasts are on a ridiculous sale, 4.99lb at save on... Caught my limit (2)

Made an awesome roast last night. &^@#ing deadly actually. The key with roasts is searing it in the inferos of hell, or a broil king and not being a little baby with the seasonings.

Cram garlic where you can, rosemary, a $&!# load of salt and some pepper. I'm all about keeping beef simple. Easy. Oh, swim it in olive oil too, but after all that - sear the living $&!# out of it and then DO NOT overcook it in the oven. 

We ate most of it with roasted taters, roasted carrots and some greens. The roast beef sammies were deadly for lunch today..... ANYWAYS this leads me to the point of my post - After our loss to the Avs I drank a beer (shocker) and decided to butcher the other roast for some HUGE STEAKS and a couple short ribs. I took pics. 

BBQ will be fired up tomorrow night, guaranteed. 

Edit- I shoulda used something for scale, each steak is about 1.25" thick, weighing a pound.

DSC_0216.JPG

DSC_0218.JPG

DSC_0219.JPG

DSC_0221.JPG

DSC_0222.JPG

DSC_0223.JPG

Edited by luckylager
  • Upvote 2
On 22/02/2018 at 5:42 PM, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

152492981.jpg

Damn son! You sure staged up that photo. Looks wicked

On 23/02/2018 at 7:13 AM, riffraff said:

Solid effort for a Thursday night!

I'd say. Holy &^@#, I save roasts for the weekend

Dirtydangles. Holy

13 hours ago, luckylager said:

Damn son! You sure staged up that photo. Looks wicked

I'd say. Holy &^@#, I save roasts for the weekend

Dirtydangles. Holy

Ha  :) not  actual photo of the meal I do not have those kind of photog skills but it was pretty dam close to pic : )   But honestly it only takes maybe 30 min to prepare and a few hours to slow cook.  Under 2 if you cook it at 450 for 20 min to start then lower temp a bit  for the last hour : )

Edited by Mr.DirtyDangles
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Baked salmon a few nights ago with a Panko crumb (mixed with Rosemary and Thyme) top. Thought about taking pictures, but didn’t.

Definitely up there with my beef short rib recipe. Quick (30 minutes) and tasty.