The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's on tonight's menu?

Rate this topic

riffraff

• 2 weeks later...

Boring meals tonight and tomorrow (2 of my strict eating days of the week). But on Friday, will be making cheeseburgers with homemade brioche buns. Might take it a step further and make homemade potato chips as well.

Saturday will be rigatoni and wine.

• Upvote 1

I'm having the vegan chocolate parfait with wine. 

I don't know about everyone else, but I can become a little nutty in the bakery and wine isles. I tend to speak out loud, like - oh yes! oh my goodness, super enticing! As I'm looking at the wine or dessert, and putting my finger on my jawline oohing and eying. 

56 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Omg!

slightly singed cooked in butter pancakes!!!!!!  Love those slightly crisped outside rings.  Well done. Brilliant form and procedure monty.

I'm not a big pancake guy, usuallly make Dutch Babies on Saturday's, but my wife likes pancakes, so I make it every few months. But this small batch turned out fantastic, as did the Horchata.

Any self respecting BBQ man or woman loves the Maillard reaction, where caramelized meat sugars are grilled seared, fried, or roasted on, and delicious.  This 17 oz steak isn't basted in oil or water or some other camera trick, but it was charcoal grilled it at 800 C for about 8 mins total (4 mins per side, high heat, lots of flips) for a good sear, then finished it off indirect at about 450 C for 12-14 mins. Those juices are just the beautifully flavoured and wonderfully rendered marbled fat of my strip loin. 

Heavy on the sea salt and cracked pepper seasoning, consumed with horseradish. 

• Upvote 1

Breakfast this morning. Red Velvet pancakes, bacon, and burnt hash browns:

IMG_1956.thumb.JPG.d0bb5edc59d5ae6068bb7abf0f22ba1e.JPG

Update: Red Velvet Pancakes were phenomenal. Fluffy and moist. That said, they were VERY rich. I would recommend making them, but only for special occasions (ie: Valentine's Day, Christmas morning). 

• Upvote 2