What's on tonight's menu?

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

on a diet, 

one small sweet potato and a skinless chicken breast for dinner

maybe a salad

This is depressing :lol: 

• Haha 1

Not cooking, yet, but in late August my father and I are going on a barge in Northern BC to go Salmon, Halibut, and Cod fishing for 4 days. Will be coming back with roughly 100lbs of fish. Going to be cooking a lot (and giving away) or fish. Yum! Yum!

• Upvote 1

Pork chops on the grill with my hommade rub, mashed potatoes and grilled squash.  Came out awesome.  

20190718_193408.jpg

• Like 1

Dinner tonight?

European hotdogs. Boiled first with small cuts throughout to open it up. Then put on the cast iron to get a little colour. Italian extra soft hot dog buns (browned) to put them on, with a sour cream sauce, which has avocado oil, chives, garlic, salt, and pepper in it. Maple Bacon as a garnish.

Homemade French Fries afterwards.

• Upvote 1

Finally. FINALLY, after about a year of grinding my own meat, I’ve nailed the perfect blend for my burgers. 

Honestly, you have no idea how many times it took to get the perfect blend. So thrilled.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

On fire this week.

home made pizza, tacos and burritos, and of course.....:burgers.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

-Gave a roasting chicken a classic dryrub then slow cooked that bird at 225, breast side down for 6hrs.

-Baby smashed tater tots-

boiled for 10 mins then dried and cooled.

Heat skillet with a good amount of olive oil, throw baby taters in skillet and smush each one into a coin in the hot oil. Season (I used rosemary, garlic, salt n pepper).

Leave on first side until crispy

Flip

Make the other side crispy.

Boom

- Served with *steamed* carrots and green / yellow beans ; mixed green salad (all veg from the garden) 

Edited by luckylager
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/16/2019 at 3:42 PM, Monty said:

Not cooking, yet, but in late August my father and I are going on a barge in Northern BC to go Salmon, Halibut, and Cod fishing for 4 days. Will be coming back with roughly 100lbs of fish. Going to be cooking a lot (and giving away) or fish. Yum! Yum!

So went fishing a little over a week ago to Haida Gwaii for salmon fishing. First cooked tonight.

D95D68EE-3931-4834-89E5-0D5689D2E380.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Big workout required a big meal and it was delicious.20190907_212246.thumb.jpg.3c6d11803b894d9b7d234d4495d1ca3c.jpg

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Big workout required a big meal and it was delicious.20190907_212246.thumb.jpg.3c6d11803b894d9b7d234d4495d1ca3c.jpg

I'd hit it.

Hope you had a salad. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't crap right for a few days after that.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, luckylager said:

I'd hit it.

Hope you had a salad. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't crap right for a few days after that.

Haha

Roast Pork with garlic roast potatoes and glazed carrots.

also for dessert,HOME MADE CREAM PUFFS.

• Upvote 1

Made honey garlic chicken (& veggies...carrots, broc, celery, onion, garlic, red pepper) and rice.  Used the leftovers in a wrap with a bit of tzatziki, lettuce, tomato for lunch at work today.  

Was really good.

• Hydration 1

31 minutes ago, DADDYROCK said:

Roast Pork with garlic roast potatoes and glazed carrots.

also for dessert,HOME MADE CREAM PUFFS.

Ha, bought a pork loin & carrots/potatoes and took it to Dad .... it's that time of year.

No harm in sharing the bounty of our labours,

tomorrow, Spicy thick noodles with prawns and broccoli.

On 7/28/2019 at 12:10 PM, Monty said:

Finally. FINALLY, after about a year of grinding my own meat, I’ve nailed the perfect blend for my burgers. 

Honestly, you have no idea how many times it took to get the perfect blend. So thrilled.

Do tell

I'm always game to try out a new burger.