The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's on tonight's menu?

Rate this topic

riffraff

• 1 month later...

It's round 2. Time for some classic chocolate cake and coffee!

I went walking around Stanley Park and the beach.

This is funny. I have not been to this dessert place for a long time, almost 2 years, and the lady who works there recognizes me. 

It's round 3. At the Canucks Bar and Grill at YVR.  Had to wait awhile. That chocolate cake and multiple cups of coffee made my stomach unsettling, but much better now. I'm in my element. Having the champagne and fish tacos!

20170314_175050_Film1.thumb.jpg.be8e70b6c90baf1c9d5dbf8d638f42af.jpg20170314_180004_Film1-1.thumb.jpg.3acc5fb8e7eb8ecaf56c725e68d7ccf9.jpg

Edited by brilac
  • 4 weeks later...

It's Restaurant Week in Seattle, and I ate at the Carlile Room.  I had a 3 course meal with dessert included, and wine. I love that place!  The food, wine, and decor are excellent.  Love is in the air when I eat there.  All I think about is love love love when I sip my wine while eating delicious food!

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:30 AM, brilac said:

I am in Ottawa, and came across this wonderful dessert place!  Oh So Good Desserts!  I think it's Cookie Monster I am having and coffee.

Oh boy! Look at all these afternoon snacks!

20170421_141950-1.thumb.jpg.a28e1965487cd1b849cc9bab13572517.jpg

Yummy!  It'd be a tough call between the Chocolate Mocha or the Key Lime for me.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

BBQ'd pork tenderloin marinated for 8hrs - pineapple juice, cider vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, sea salt, ginger, a chili pepper, black pepper.

Seared that loin proper, raging 700+ degrees.

Killed the inferno down to 400. Meat well away from flame, lid down, turning and basting in marinate every 10 mins for 40mins.

Grill back to high, loin on direct heat getting rolled around while basting for another 5mins to glaze that f**ker real gud.

Served with rice pilaf (homemade of course), greek salad and mixed greens from my garden.

Delicious, tender, juicy pork that was so fricken awesome I tried to steal some from my kids. (Both got angry about it). Was a 700g loin, coulda destroyed that thing on my own. It's been since September that I got to BBQ a loin, the above is my favorite recipe.

Try it. It's deadly. Serve with beer, (Phillips Pilsner today)

• Upvote 2