The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs. United States | Group B | Dec. 31 | 12:30 PM PT

Wouldn't place too much of the blame on Ingram. Got hung out to dry with open Americans in front of the net on both their PP goals against and had to make multiple breakaway saves. That being said, I'm pretty indifferent to who starts on Monday.

Probably the worst part of this loss is that they now have Sweden on their side of the bracket (they could potentially meet in the semifinals). It was going to be either them or most likely Russia, anyway.

33 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Good thing PLD didn't fall to fifth for us. He looks slow and uninspired most shifts. Not looking like a difference maker he should be for a 3 overall pick. 

Agreed.  And not a fan of Jost either.  

I think you guys are being a bit too hard on Strome and Dubois. Yeah they've been underwhelming 5 on 5 but they (especially Strome) have been good on the power play. And it's not like anyone else has been good at even strength.

Strome looks like he's always nervous but I still don't see anyone else as a bigger offensive threat. Luckily the team has offensive depth with the third and fourth lines always seeming to be attacking 

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Philippe Myers has a concussion, and is doubtful for the rest of the tournament, per Canadian coach Dominique Ducharme.

I didn't see the game but according to the summary Myers went off for kneeing in the first; this could have been a payback situation from the USA captain Kunin who really ran Myers over behind the net.

Again, I didn't seem the game, but it seems like a possibility to me. 

On 2016-12-31 at 10:25 PM, RRypien37 said:

Disagree. Canada's start cost them the game. 

Heck of a game. 

Line for line, pair for pair, goalie for goalie and intangibles... all go to the USA.

Canada chased the game. If not for a few iffy calls and the PP time, Canada would have fared far worse. There might be a rematch to further make the case of the states having a superior team this year, imo. 

Disturbingly, it seemed like the USA was the rugged Canadian team and Canada was a typical, overwhelmed European team, looking over their shoulder and losing puck battles along the boards. The Canadian kids stapled to the boards was different to watch. The world has caught up to us. 

Other than Brazal doing a few decent loser laps around the perimeter and Roy winning some puck battles down low, I don't think there was much to brag about this game. The USA though, they had an epic PK and lost their captain and won. 

I only wish the tourney was longer. 

Archived