The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

Does anyone know during his previous 5 games who was his line mates?

He has been playing on the 1st line with Andreas Dackell and Jonas Nordquist and on the 2nd line with Calle Jarnkrok and Jakob Silfverberg.He also played with Johan Larsson and Silfverberg on the 1st line once.

Edited by johanlake

He has been playing on the 1st line with Andreas Dackell and Jonas Nordquist and on the 2nd line with Calle Jarnkrok and Jakob Silfverberg.He also played with Johan Larsson and Silfverberg on the 1st line once.

i dont know those other players or their skill sets and playing styles, but it sounds like rodin is getting playing time with a bunch of different kinds of players, which is good for development, and it is good to hear he is getting top line minutes finally.

A little late but I watched the game yesterday. Brynas won 4-2 over newly promoted SEL-team AIK. Rodin played on the 2nd line with Jarnkrok and Silfverberg. No points for any of them, but I think Jarnkrok and Rodin played good, Silfverberg was ok. He was moved up to 1st line in the 3rd period. Rodin was close to get an assist after a good pass to Mattias Ekholm but he missed. You can really see that he has much confidence after his strong pre season and he's stronger then last year, hopefully he will continue to play like this in regular season.

Thanks. It's good to know he at least had a decent 0 point game. :3

On that note, is there somewhere that broadcasts SEL games online? If someone could please PM me if they've got any information?

Www.csports.se shows SEL games, but only for Europe it says :( Good news is that Rodin will play on the 1st line today with Jarnkrok and Silfverberg. They will meet Sundsvall (SEL-2), and the game starts in 5 minutes.

Do you know any other sites streaming the game?

my swedish is nonexistant but luckily a stat sheet is pretty hard to misread. looks like he just had 1 assist tonight in the third.

http://www.brynas.se/Nyheter/Seger-mot-Sundsvall/

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&u=http://www.brynas.se/Nyheter/Seger-mot-Sundsvall/&ei=zP2ATLaJKIzanAewtJxT&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBcQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.brynas.se/Nyheter/Seger-mot-Sundsvall/%26num%3D100%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3D7jC%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official

it gives a dirty translation, but you get the point for the most part.

Apparently Järnkrok, Silfverberg, and Rödin were very impressive all game long and should have had a lot more goals based on the opportunities they created. It's sounding really good right now.

Edited by avelanch

Apparently Järnkrok, Silfverberg, and Rödin were very impressive all game long and should have had a lot more goals based on the opportunities they created. It's sounding really good right now.

That's because they are playing an Allsvenkan team, not only that, a 09/10 last place Allsvenkan team. They had to requalify to this league or be demoted. That is equivalent to an AHL team being demoted to the ECHL. They lost the deciding match but was let back in based on an opening, not by merit. Not exactly the best competition or particularly a challenge.

And the coach had some terrible words to say about the level of competition they faced. He said it wasn't even fair and that he got absolutely nothing from the match, it was that poor.

Today against Timrå should be a better match as they are an SEL team and Brynas is actually dressing a full roster, unlike the 16 they had yesterday.

Edited by DJ Kreuzberg

http://translate.goo...:en-US:official

whew! those translations are dirty. I read the report from today... starts well, but really falls apart at the end there in the match report.

was 3-3 today for those who care, Rodin had no points (I'm assuming he played)

Rodin playing on the 4th line with Jarnkrok and Silfverberg today vs MODO. 4-1 to Brynas after two periods, 1 goal for Rodin :) I'm reading from a live report, it says he probably should have a 2nd second assist too, maybe they'll correct it. They will show highlights from the game, so I'll post it here later.

Edited by johanlake