The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

I assume they have regional restrictions, no?

Im not 100% sure but after looking around some people say its a Europe only, while other say that you can view it from anywhere. If it does work, here is the link for you...

139 SEK for one match and 499 SEK for 5 matches.

http://www.csports.se/elitserien-webtv.aspx

nice to hear him heating up again. he's above .5 points per game again. and that's always good.

Yeah, .5 points per game as a 20-year-old in the SEL is good. Hoped for some more goals from Anton but hopefully the goals will come :)

Highlights from the game, Rödin's assist is at 1:23, very nice pass.

http://tv.hockeyliga...id=371792966657

I have a question for those of you that have watched Rodin play.... What current NHL player is Rodin comparable to?..even at this early stage of his career...what type of player could he develop to be in his prime?

I have seen very little of Rodin..but from having read scouting reports I am really excited about what he could do as a Canuck.

Edited by The_Hoffster

Is he more of a sniping winger or a playmaker? Or bit of both these aspects.

Well, he's not a pure sniper. I've always seen him as a pretty good goal scorer with good techinque and speed. When I saw play him in the J20 league here in Sweden, he was just outstanding, created so many chances on his own. But now I'm not sure, he has not scored many goals in the SEL but obviously he has many assists so yeah, I would probably say a combination of sniper/playmaker.

I would say maybe a TJ Oshie type of player, but not as physical. Not the biggest but pretty strong for his size. Has good technique. He has only 1 goal so far, but he has shown earlier that he can put the puck in the net with sweet snipes.

Edited by Hedman

thats it? Thats not good, sure Eriksson is a ok player, but I am kinda expecting a little more.

Eriksson had a 36 goal season, followed by a 71 point season. Now he is scoring at a point per game pace.

Hard to compare stats as Eriksson played in the AHL as a 20 year old. As 19 year olds Eriksson had 14 points in 39 games in the SEL compared to Rodin's 5 points in 36 games.

I would not be unhappy if Rodin was a 25 goal 25 assist player...which would make him a poor man's Eriksson.

<br />A poor mans Loui Eriksson<br />

He's not a poor man's anyone until he plays in the NHL...

I find it hilarious when people try and put a label on a prospect at 20 years old. Don't try and act like you're some sort hockey know it all. Rodin will be exactly the player he is destined to be, don't try and bring him down with stupid predictions about what kind of player he'll be.

He's not a poor man's anyone until he plays in the NHL...

I find it hilarious when people try and put a label on a prospect at 20 years old. Don't try and act like you're some sort hockey know it all. Rodin will be exactly the player he is destined to be, don't try and bring him down with stupid predictions about what kind of player he'll be.

so you're saying he will be the next Forsberg... Awesome.

:emot-parrot:

thats it? Thats not good, sure Eriksson is a ok player, but I am kinda expecting a little more.

My hockey pool disagrees. (he's been racking up the fantasy points for me)

Eriksson has been a very good player with Richards.

Edited by Squeak

Top Scoring LW's in NHL

1. Ovechkin - 34 points in 28 games

2. Semin - 32 points in 28 games

3. Sedin - 30 points in 24 games

4. Sharp - 29 points in 27 games

5. Ladd - 27 points in 27 games

6. Eriksson - 25 points in 25 games

Who are you expecting from Rodin? Sedin, Semin or Ovechkin?

Edited by Gnickers87

Top Scoring LW's in NHL

1. Ovechkin - 34 points in 28 games

2. Semin - 32 points in 28 games

3. Sedin - 30 points in 24 games

4. Sharp - 29 points in 27 games

5. Ladd - 27 points in 27 games

6. Eriksson - 25 points in 25 games

Who are you expecting from Rodin? Sedin, Semin or Ovechkin?

My bad, I was totally thinking about a different player.

how did silfverberg and jarnrok do?and it's good to know that he is doing better now, good to know he lead the team in icetime despite not registering a single point. I hope he gets more pk time so can become an even better two way play similar to eriksson.

Also, Does Rodin have a good hard, accurate shot?

Edited by Canuckee

how did silfverberg and jarnrok do?and it's good to know that he is doing better now, good to know he lead the team in icetime despite not registering a single point. I hope he gets more pk time so can become an even better two way play similar to eriksson.

Also, Does Rodin have a good hard, accurate shot?

Silfverberg and Järnkrok are always impressive I think, espacially Silfverberg, he's so mature for his age and is so smart. He's better this year than I thought he would be, I knew he could become good but not this good so fast.

Järnkrok has 8 goals and 9 assists in 28 games. Will be a key player for Sweden in the WJC for sure.

Silfverberg has 9 goals and 9 assists in 26 games and is playing on the national team.

Rödin has 1 goal and 13 assists in 28 games.

I have not seen Rödin on the PK for a while now, since he's playing with two defensive players in his line, Dackell and Hansen, they get all PK time.

From what I've seen Rödin at least has a hard shot, but he should shoot more.