The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

Brynäs won 2-0 after a late empty net goal so Rödin scored the GWG. He had a good game, many scoring chances and could have scored again but he stayed on one goal. He had 4 SOG, was +1 and his icetime was 17:27 minutes. No highlights of the game yet, will post the video when it's up.

Hey johan do you know why Silfverberg was drafted ahead Rodin, seems Rodin's stats during their draft year were quite a bit better than Jakobs.

Probably because Silfverberg already had played 20 games in the SEL compared to Rödin's 0. He had 3 goals in those 20 games which is pretty impressive. Also Rödin played on the 1st line in J20 (juniors), just an outstanding line. He played with Klas Leidermark and Henrik Thegel. Together they had 198 points, regular season + playoffs if I remember correctly! Thegel was 1st in points in J20, Rödin 2nd and Leidermark 3rd, so that's why Rödin had more points than Silfverberg. I guess Silfverberg was on the 2nd line before he got called up to the SEL.

The fact that Silfverberg is and was bigger and stronger than Rödin is maybe also a reason.

Is Rodin too old to play in the Junior Championships now? I noticed he wasn't on the roster.

Ya man, he turned 20 in november. He was born late in 90 and so he wasn't eligible for the 08 draft, but is still too old for the juniors. Too bad though.

not really. all of our best prospects are beyond the WJC. one would think that's a good thing because they are closer to joining the team.

But if you think about it, it is pretty bare after: Hodgson, Shirokov, Sweatt, Schroeder, Oreskovich, Connauton, Sauve, Rodin, Lack, Bliznak, Andersson and Price. ;)

Edited by Thomas Gradin