The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

But if you think about it, it is pretty bare after: Hodgson, Shirokov, Sweatt, Schroeder, Oreskovich, Connauton, Sauve, Rodin, Lack, Bliznak, Andersson and Price. ;)

Tanev, Oberg, Archibald, McNally, Freisen, Anthony... but yeah, after that it get's pretty bare.

Yeah, it's even more bare after Polasek, Illahati, Cannata, Parent and Stefan Schneider.

Hopefully Gillis doesn't trade away our first round pick this year...Although we got Ballard I was really disappointing that we didn't draft this year. The draft has always been something very interesting to me.

Edited by Sanford

Hopefully Gillis doesn't trade away our first round pick this year...Although we got Ballard I was really disappointing that we didn't draft this year. The draft has always been something very interesting to me.

We're in win now mode, though. Ballard is really starting to look great, and I'd say he's still 3, maybe 4 games away from being completely up to speed. Plus, he's on a long term contract. Plus they took Bernier, who was cap dump, otherwise our depth would be seriously depleted.

Saying that, with Etem/Coyle/Howden still available, Howden being the guy I wanted at the time, I was kind of surprised MG didn't chose the 2011 draft 1st round pick.

We'll see what happens this year though, most of MG's decisions when it comes to draft picks (other than Hannay) have impressed me so far and he 'likes' this draft.

We're in win now mode, though. Ballard is really starting to look great, and I'd say he's still 3, maybe 4 games away from being completely up to speed. Plus, he's on a long term contract. Plus they took Bernier, who was cap dump, otherwise our depth would be seriously depleted.

Saying that, with Etem/Coyle/Howden still available, Howden being the guy I wanted at the time, I was kind of surprised MG didn't chose the 2011 draft 1st round pick.

We'll see what happens this year though, most of MG's decisions when it comes to draft picks (other than Hannay) have impressed me so far and he 'likes' this draft.

The deal for the trade was that if a specific player Gillis was targeting was still available then the 1st round pick would be the 2011 pick, otherwise it was the 2010 pick. Gillis probably had to give Florida a list of the players that would cause the pick to be deferred to 2011, though that is just a guess.

The deal for the trade was that if a specific player Gillis was targeting was still available then the 1st round pick would be the 2011 pick, otherwise it was the 2010 pick. Gillis probably had to give Florida a list of the players that would cause the pick to be deferred to 2011, though that is just a guess.

Well, if that's true, I'm surprised none of the players I mentioned above were on the list.

But like I said before, I trust Gillis and I am sure he will make me change my opinion next year.

I believe the players were Jarred Tinordi and Beau Bennet.

I was hoping they'd take Jon Merril, but oh well.

I believe the players were Jarred Tinordi and Beau Bennet.

I was hoping they'd take Jon Merril, but oh well.

I too was hoping for Merrill and/or Quinton Howden.

You are correct

No body actually knows this....everyone believes it to be true, but I am not so sure....Tinordi does not seem like a Gillis guy at all....he may have character, but he doesnt have the other CHARACTERistics that Gillis covets in a prospect.

I cannot recall when the trade was announced, but players I think Gillis wanted at the time are: Schwarz, Sheahan and Bennett.

anyone should want to take tinordi as a late first rounder he could be the next tyler myers

i wish they took emerson etem i get to watch him play for the tigers whenever i go see a game kids good

Highly unlikely... more like the next Boris Valabik. His offensive play is just non existent.

I believe it was Botchford at the time who said it was these two players. Also, as soon as Tinordi was drafted he tweeted something along the lines of the trade being official now, since the Canucks list of players were taken.

Okay, but to say Bennet and Tinordi were the only ones on the list would be pretty stupid of Mike Gillis.

What if Sheahan or even Gormley had dropped to us?

The chances of course were slim, but Schroeder fell to us from the top 10 the year before.

I highly doubt the list consisted of two players.

<br />Okay, but to say Bennet and Tinordi were the only ones on the list would be pretty stupid of Mike Gillis.<br /><br />What if Sheahan or even Gormley had dropped to us? <br /><br />The chances of course were slim, but Schroeder fell to us from the top 10 the year before. <br /><br />I highly doubt the list consisted of two players.<br />
&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />What I remember most from that draft was the look on Gilliss' face when Florida was announcing the 1st round pick they got from the Canucks. He looked despondent and pissed off at the same time. Edited by Alexandre

&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />What I remember most from that draft was the look on Gilliss' face when Florida was announcing the 1st round pick they got from the Canucks. He looked despondent and pissed off at the same time.

Would that have been when Montreal traded up and took Tinordi?

Okay, but to say Bennet and Tinordi were the only ones on the list would be pretty stupid of Mike Gillis.

What if Sheahan or even Gormley had dropped to us?

The chances of course were slim, but Schroeder fell to us from the top 10 the year before.

I highly doubt the list consisted of two players.

Obviously the list wasn't two players, but I imagine the rest of the guys they would have taken weren't likely to be available at the 25th pick and the rest of the guys in and around there weren't valued by Gillis. (such as Pysyk and Hayes)

As for Sheahan, considering he went after Bennett, I don't think he was on the list or else Botchford would have mentioned him.

Edited by Gnickers87