The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

I wish I could watch Rödin play. With all the data available to me, it seems that his game will transfer well to North American ice. I know he's on loan to Brynäs, but why isn't he playing in the CHL/AHL this year? Also, does playing in the SEL burn a year off his ELC?

I wish I could watch Rödin play. With all the data available to me, it seems that his game will transfer well to North American ice. I know he's on loan to Brynäs, but why isn't he playing in the CHL/AHL this year? Also, does playing in the SEL burn a year off his ELC?

He signed a 2 year deal to Brynas before he was signed. He is playing his contract out over there, also it makes more sense for him to be playing against men than CHLers. Next year his contract ends and he will likely jump ship to the Moose to learn the pro game in the North America.

And no, we are not burning a year off his ELC this year.

He signed a 2 year deal to Brynas before he was signed. He is playing his contract out over there, also it makes more sense for him to be playing against men than CHLers. Next year his contract ends and he will likely jump ship to the Moose to learn the pro game in the North America.

if he was playing in NA this season he would have been with the moose, he wouldn't have been forced into the CHL.

Thanks for the info. He will have good pro experience by the time the Moose get him next year, and the 'Nucks will have 3 years to take advantage of his ELC if he plays well enough. Good news.

Rodin's career point totals in the SEL looks sort of similar to Backstrom's.<br /><br />They played for the same SEL team recording similar point totals in their first 2 years. <br /><br />Perhaps Rodin spends another season in SEL, then comes over to NA w/o burning a year of his ELC.

lol

Hey now.....

Lee Sweatt and Brian Rafalski all over again

• Upvote 1

Rödin with a really nice assist today, Brynäs won 2-1 against Djurgården. Nice pass behind his back to Dackell who scored on a breakaway. Points 5 games in a row now for Rödin and he looked good today I must say. He played 14:49 minutes and was +1.

Highlights from the game:

http://tv.hockeyligan.se/main.aspx?contentid=467368880129

Rödin's assist at 1:40.

Edited by johanlake
  • Upvote 1

Rödin with a really nice assist today, Brynäs won 2-1 against Djurgården. Nice pass behind his back to Dackell who scored on a breakaway. Points 5 games in a row now for Rödin and he looked good today I must say. He played 14:49 minutes and was +1.

Highlights from the game:

http://tv.hockeyliga...id=467368880129

Rödin's assist at 1:40.

Nice little bit of Sedinerie there!

I'm not really familiar with the SEL... but since they finish their season way earlier then both the Nhl and Ahl..

Could Rodin potentially come to North America to play with the Moose (playoffs etc.)?

Would it take out a year of his ELC.

I'm not really familiar with the SEL... but since they finish their season way earlier then both the Nhl and Ahl..

Could Rodin potentially come to North America to play with the Moose (playoffs etc.)?

Would it take out a year of his ELC.

I'd answer this, but I can't think of anything to source. Though I seem to remember someone coming over at the end of the year before and joining the AHL team on an ATO to finish off the season. In that situation, the ELC does not burn, since they are not playing on the ELC. I'm 99% sure on this, but, like i said, I have no source.

I'd answer this, but I can't think of anything to source. Though I seem to remember someone coming over at the end of the year before and joining the AHL team on an ATO to finish off the season. In that situation, the ELC does not burn, since they are not playing on the ELC. I'm 99% sure on this, but, like i said, I have no source.

I believe this is what Jordan Schroeder did last year. He signed an ATO, couldn't be called up by the Canucks, but also didn't burn a year in his ELC.

2009-10 -- Played 37 games with the University of Minnesota... Collected 28 points (9g, 19a) along with 14 penalty minutes... Signed to ATO by Manitoba March 20... Scored his first and second professional goals in his first pro game March 21 vs. Grand Rapids... Extended points streak to four games to start his career with a goal and assist March 29 at Abbotsford... Earned his seventh point of the season (an assist) in his seventh game April 3 at Toronto... Scored his four goal of the season April 9 vs. Peoria... Extended points streak to two games with assist April 10 vs. Peoria... Appeared in first playoff game in Game 1 of North Division Semi-Final April 15 at Hamilton... Scored a hat-trick and added an assist in Game 3 April 19 vs. Hamilton... Extended his assist streak to three games in Game 5 April 23 vs. Hamilton...

http://www.moosehock.../roster/292/112

His ELC is still in effect for three more years after the 2009-2010 season, when he played for the Moose:

http://capgeek.com/p...lay.php?id=1645

Not sure if it works different for a euro-player, but I believe Rodin would be in the same situation.

Edited by LostViking

I believe this is what Jordan Schroeder did last year. He signed an ATO, couldn't be called up by the Canucks, but also didn't burn a year in his ELC.

http://www.moosehock.../roster/292/112

His ELC is still in effect for three more years after the 2009-2010 season, when he played for the Moose:

http://capgeek.com/p...lay.php?id=1645

Not sure if it works different for a euro-player, but I believe Rodin would be in the same situation.

I think Rodin would sign a PTO, not an ATO. Not sure if that would make any difference or not.

I see that the SEL is having a long break right now.

European Tour at the moment.

Is Rodin's team in the playoff picture now, or will he be done for this SEL season at that time?

Yes, they are 5th in the SEL.

Frolunda [Peter Andersson's] club has to pick it up or they may face relegation.