The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

He probably won't be coming over until next year. he's on a canucks contract right now and isn't on the moose clear day roster (or reserve), and I don't think he qualifies to sign a ATO to join the moose right now. but I'm fuzzy on the whole euro loan situation.

His team's year is over, so he might be able to join the team, but, again, I have no clue.

He's apparently on a loan to Mora. Meaning at anytime we can take him back.

Unless I'm wrong this means he can join us. We can take him back upon the end of his team's season, which makes sense for us, then he can join the Moose, because he is under contract with us. Kind of like when Brad Lukowich was under contract with us but we loaned him to Texas, and because he is under contract with the Canucks we can take him back at anytime.

He's apparently on a loan to Mora. Meaning at anytime we can take him back.

Unless I'm wrong this means he can join us. We can take him back upon the end of his team's season, which makes sense for us, then he can join the Moose, because he is under contract with us. Kind of like when Brad Lukowich was under contract with us but we loaned him to Texas, and because he is under contract with the Canucks we can take him back at anytime.

he can't play for the moose in that scenario because he isn't on their clear day roster or reserve.

UPDATE! Good one too:

Rodin, who had 7G, 26P in 53GP with Brynas, will also spend a few days in Vancouver later this week and take in a pair of Canucks games

@WiebSunSports on Twitter.

He's in Manitoba right now to watch some games cause he's planning on moving to North America next year.

Check out his twitter more more info about Rodins situation.

I wonder if he'll talk with media when he gets to Vancouver.

he'll be in Vancouver for the post season conference every prospect has with the Canucks coaching staff. to talk about the season, how things went, what to work on over the summer, plans for next season, etc.

I'm 99% sure he'll do an interview or 2. probably at least 1 with canucks tv.

Edited by avelanch

UPDATE! Good one too:

Rodin, who had 7G, 26P in 53GP with Brynas, will also spend a few days in Vancouver later this week and take in a pair of Canucks games

@WiebSunSports on Twitter.

He's in Manitoba right now to watch some games cause he's planning on moving to North America next year.

Check out his twitter more more info about Rodins situation.

I wonder if he'll talk with media when he gets to Vancouver.

Interesting. I'm excited to see what he can accomplish in North America next season :)

I read today that Rödin was supposed to play on the national team by now, but had to decline due to his shoulder problems :(

Link to the article, translated by google translate

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fgd.se%2Fsport%2Fbrynas%2F1.2909807-canucks-undersoker-rodins-axlar

I thank you dearly for all the time you spent on all the info about Rodin you provided us with!

No problem :) it's just fun, I'm excited to see him next year. He's kind of a favorite player, played in Brynäs since he was like 10 years old and before that when he lived in Stockholm, he played in Hammarby which is my favorite soccer team. So, he has played for my both favorite teams so it's hard not to like him ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest Dasein

Nice. Can't wait to see this kid in North America. He played very well on NA ice at the WJC. There's close to 0% chance that he'll make the Canucks, but can't wait to see what he can do in the AHL!

Nice. Can't wait to see this kid in North America. He played very well on NA ice at the WJC. There's close to 0% chance that he'll make the Canucks, but can't wait to see what he can do in the AHL!

Never say never. Chris Tanev says hi.

Guest Dasein

Never say never. Chris Tanev says hi.

Well, if you look carefully, you will notice that I said close to 0%. I never said never.

The probability for Rodin to make the NHL straight from SEL is highly unlikely. Sedins were able to do it, but even they struggled for a long time. We needed them in the NHL back then because we didn't have depth, but with the depth we carry now, we can allow Rodin to develop his game in the AHL.

Also, Tanev never made the Canucks roster straight out of camp. It took him half the season in the AHL before his first call up and hist first taste at the NHL. So, technically, Chris Tanev should not be saying hi...Tanev actually proves my point. He played a full year in the AHL this year with a few call ups to the big club before playing a full season in the NHL (hasn't happened yet).

Edited by Dasein

Well, if you look carefully, you will notice that I said close to 0%. I never said never.

[...]

Always the cheeky one, aren't we?

I really like Rodin. He seems like a guy with a pretty solid toolbox, and I could see Vigneault taking a quick liking to him. Strong, two-way coaching will do him a world of good, and I think the coaching staff will recognize him as a very coachable, malleable player. That said, he's gotta get by a strong Billy Sweatt right now, so he's definitely got competition for training camp (along with our deep, deep forward depth.) Out of training camp, close to 0% sounds fair. But yes, never say never. If he makes it out of training camp, I'm sure it will be a pleasant surprise for us all.

• 4 weeks later...