The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Leafs Koolaid: Matthews is better than McDavid!!

oldnews

3 hours ago, playboi19 said:

He has great straight line speed but he also gets frustrated when guys play him hard. The coaches are paid to figure out how to shut him down. Travis Green managed to do it

Yes but that was one game... He led the league in points last year and i'm sure coaches were trying hard to shut him down then!

On 10/19/2017 at 1:54 PM, Lafayettecrossbar said:

I think Matthews is better than McDavid

No doubt about it, Matthews is a very good player and an argument can be made that he is the better player of the two, as long as McDavid has a guy like Dorsett checking him and Matthews doesn't.

regards,  G.

With Draisaitl injured, Matthews is playing with more skilled linemates than McDavid. I think it's apples and oranges though. Matthews has a better shot and plays better defensively, McDavid is faster, a better passer and can make more elite, skilled plays.

It'll be interesting to see when the two are in their real playoff prime in about 3-5 years from now. This is all exciting offensive hockey from both of them but just wait until they're a bit more seasoned and weathered from the playoffs, then we'll see their true colours.

Archived