11 Patrick Harper

3 Jack Ahcan - 25 Charlie McAvoy
4 Caleb Jones - 6 Casey Fitzgerald
2 Ryan Lindgren - 8 Adam Fox
33 Joe Cecconi

1 Tyler Parsons
31 Joseph Woll

gocanada.png

My dad said he'd buy me a weiner dog if Connor Ingram scores tomorrow!

Loved the physicality I saw today and glad to see them come out strong. Our start really killed us the last time we played the states and the Czechs. If we can keep the physicality up vs a smaller US team and come firing out the gates I think we'll do well!

12 hours ago, Honey-Badger-Hansen said:

My dad said he'd buy me a weiner dog if Connor Ingram scores tomorrow!

Loved the physicality I saw today and glad to see them come out strong. Our start really killed us the last time we played the states and the Czechs. If we can keep the physicality up vs a smaller US team and come firing out the gates I think we'll do well!

I honestly don't understand why Canada has gotten away from the style of play that has made us so successful.  Physical play has dropped off significantly in the last 4-5 years and we're paying for it.  Spped and intimidation has always been our hallmark.......you gotta dance with who brung ya, that's what I think.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I honestly don't understand why Canada has gotten away from the style of play that has made us so successful.  Physical play has dropped off significantly in the last 4-5 years and we're paying for it.  Spped and intimidation has always been our hallmark.......you gotta dance with who brung ya, that's what I think.

You can thank the NHL for that. Any kind of heavy physicality/intimidation is gone. It's a sad realization but those days are over.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

It worked for many many years. Then it started to bite us in the ass with roughing penalties and suspensions. Because this tournament is played on NA ice 3/4 of the time, it's easy to forget that this is an international tournament with many European officials. 

5 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

It worked for many many years. Then it started to bite us in the ass with roughing penalties and suspensions. Because this tournament is played on NA ice 3/4 of the time, it's easy to forget that this is an international tournament with many European officials. 

better competition bit us in the ass.  IMO you stick with the style you have always played.....sometimes you'll win, sometimes you won't, but you'll always be playing Canadian hockey.

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

better competition bit us in the ass.  IMO you stick with the style you have always played.....sometimes you'll win, sometimes you won't, but you'll always be playing Canadian hockey.

The game changes man

Off the top of my head blackwood was suspended for some games last year.

We lost

Griffin Reinhart was handed a hefty suspension in 2013.

We lost. Didn't even medal actually 

It's a short tournament with no room for error caused by injury or suspension. 

2 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

The game changes man

Off the top of my head blackwood was suspended for some games last year.

We lost

Griffin Reinhart was handed a hefty suspension in 2013.

We lost. Didn't even medal actually 

It's a short tournament with no room for error caused by injury or suspension. 

you still have to be disciplined, doesn't mean they can't play physical and use it to their advantage.  They pounded the swedes, physically, and they won a game they weren't supposed to win.  On NYE, the Americans pressured and hit the Canadians at every turn and, as a result, Canada was never in the game.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

you still have to be disciplined, doesn't mean they can't play physical and use it to their advantage.  They pounded the swedes, physically, and they won a game they weren't supposed to win.  On NYE, the Americans pressured and hit the Canadians at every turn and, as a result, Canada was never in the game.

Ya... The Americans have a stronger team.  Canada needs to use their skill. 

Archived