The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Calgary Flames vs. Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 06, 2017 | 7:00 PM PT | SNP

-Vintage Canuck-

Does this Boucher kid get to play?

And I predict Bo the Beast continues his hot streak. He only gets better and better after Christmas break and into the second half of the season. He's been that way pretty much every season including in juniors. 

Nucks 4-3 baby!

I always want to see Baertschi stick it to the Flames when we play them,..unfortunately,..you practically need a program to find him on the ice against his former team mates...I'm hoping that this trend ends this weekend (same goes to Granlund).

Also on Baertschi,....If you read the Flames fan boards they claim that the only reason that Sven is scoring is because he plays on a crappy team,and he probably would not be good enough to crack the Flames lineup..?..Talk about a delusional fanbase...!!..Both teams records last season and this season are almost identical.

It should be a good little mini series...

7 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

I always want to see Baertschi stick it to the Flames when we play them,..unfortunately,..you practically need a program to find him on the ice against his former team mates...I'm hoping that this trend ends this weekend (same goes to Granlund).

Also on Baertschi,....If you read the Flames fan boards they claim that the only reason that Sven is scoring is because he plays on a crappy team,and he probably would not be good enough to crack the Flames lineup..?..Talk about a delusional fanbase...!!..Both teams records last season and this season are almost identical.

It would be nice to see the Bear score against his former team but with the way he's been rolling lately I think there's a good chance he scores in one of these two games.

24 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

I know what you mean, and I'll extend that to any player playing against his former team, but I'd rather he be skunked against the Flames and shred other teams than succeed against them and struggle everywhere else.

Having said that, I hope we crush the Flames and Sven's hot streak continues. If not, maybe it's time for Bench Rinse Re-Streak

;) 

41 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

When are they gonna use the new guy?

Reid Boucher?

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing him on this back to back. Wonder how he'd fair with the twins. same goes for Rodin though. Would love to see both play a game in Magna's place.

5-3 Canucks, Henrik hits 998 points by end of night. 1 goal by Gaunce. 2 from the BurrBoBaer

2 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

They're really grasping at straws aren't they?

Baertschi is top-15 in the league in points/60, currently sandwiched between McDavid and Malkin in scoring rate per minute.

But it's just because he's getting his stats padded by playing favourable minutes on a weak team? Yeah right. He's in the bottom half of our regular forwards in zonestarts and TOI/G.

Baertschi is getting 3rd line minutes and a fair helping of defensive usage. And he's still putting up points.

Even contenders wouldn't have trouble finding a spot for a player like that in their lineup. Some would probably be giving Baertschi even more opportunities than he's seeing with the Canucks.

The Flames just lost this trade. Plain and simple. 

But in fairness to the Calgary fan base, if the roles were reversed, I'm sure a fair portion of this board would be spending large amounts of their time coming up with reasons to minimize Baertschi's success.

Archived