The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time for Tankers to face the TRUTH.

hearditall

Just now, appleboy said:

Where would McDavid , Matthews , Liane and Eichel go?

Where would Crosby go?

These are generational players.  U left out Lemieux, Gretzky, Orr,  & Howe....

I give u lists of teams & players over YEARS & U come back with this.... :wacko::blink:

Give up the whining...:towel:

6 minutes ago, hearditall said:

I give u lists of teams & players over YEARS & U come back with this.... :wacko::blink:

Well I have been talking about what the Canucks have been doing over the last two years. You seem to be another world all your own. Lets face the facts. Building on the fly is not working. You are wrong and the Tankers were right.:rolleyes:

They should have blown this club up two years ago.

You do know that we have a salary cap now.

1 hour ago, Nucks89 said:

Future is very bright with the current prospects. Not mentioning we have Horvat. It'll take 1-2 years before we contend for the playoffs.

Really ?  and which one of our forward prospects in the next year or two  is going to be make big contributions to our offence.  . Eg. Top LIne minutes...?

3 hours ago, appleboy said:

Well I have been talking about what the Canucks have been doing over the last two years. You seem to be another world all your own. Lets face the facts. Building on the fly is not working. You are wrong and the Tankers were right.:rolleyes:

They should have blown this club up two years ago.

You do know that we have a salary cap now.

Who's on our roster today that shouldn't be? JB has changed 70% of the line-up in 2 years. In 2 more years this will be pretty much 99% JB's additions. 

Our Defence is young & full of potential. Our prospect pool is slowly piling up. 95% of his draft picks have yet had a legitimate shot at the NHL yet.  How can u judge anything in that category yet except that we have more than we had with Gillis...

Yes Salary cap is what limits teams trades these days...

1 minute ago, hearditall said:

Who's on our roster today that shouldn't be? JB has changed 70% of the line-up in 2 years. In 2 more years this will be pretty much 99% JB's additions. 

Our Defence is young & full of potential. Our prospect pool is slowly piling up. 95% of his draft picks have yet had a legitimate shot at the NHL yet.  How can u judge anything in that category yet except that we have more than we had with Gillis...

Yes Salary cap is what limits teams trades these days...

Yes JB is retooling the roster.  How many of those new guys he brought in are elite difference makers?  I see our only young elite difference maker is Bo.  

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Really ?  and which one of our forward prospects in the next year or two  is going to be make big contributions to our offence.  . Eg. Top LIne minutes...?

I remember when Cody Hodgson was still a VERY highly rated prospect (+2 years after the draft).  Look at him now...Suffered from the Lindros syndrome...only thing was, he wasn't a giant like #88.

3 hours ago, hearditall said:

Taveres, Lindros,  Kane,, Nolan, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Sundin, Modano, Turgeon, Clark, Hawerchuk. Thornton

Seguin, Landeskog, Hedman, Doughty,  Malkin, Shannahan, Pronger, Marleau. Sedin, Linden

History indicates the top 2 are more often than not a cut above.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes JB is retooling the roster.  How many of those new guys he brought in are elite difference makers?  I see our only young elite difference maker is Bo.  

He's only drafted 3 times. Usually takes 3-5 years atleast for D.  Juolevi went #6 I imagine he's got potential. Tryamkin in the 3rd round. Brisbois? Stecher is looking pretty nice for a free signing. Gubranson is only 24 & was a #3 overall pick (the kind U say we need). 

U have to give Boeser, Gaudette few years before u can even judge what they are going to be. And to right off a 20 tear old that can skate like the wind, shoot, & hit like a train shows your experience. Which is why U ask so many Q's & have all the answers yet JB's picks are literally years away from any judgement...  What if Virtanen does develop into what he's supposed to be? What if Demko is a Super Star goalie in this league one day? What if Boeser & Gaudette are equal or greater than Gudreau & Monohan? What if Horvat keeps developing into a better player than Bergeron...

Try patience & learn that this is how the NHL has ALWAYS worked. No team dominates forever & no team stays at the bottom for ever....Every team will hit on draft picks & U miss on draft picks.  

1 minute ago, hearditall said:

He's only drafted 3 times. Usually takes 3-5 years atleast for D.  Juolevi went #6 I imagine he's got potential. Tryamkin in the 3rd round. Brisbois? Stecher is looking pretty nice for a free signing. Gubranson is only 24 & was a #3 overall pick (the kind U say we need). 

U have to give Boeser, Gaudette few years before u can even judge what they are going to be. And to right off a 20 tear old that can skate like the wind, shoot, & hit like a train shows your experience. Which is why U ask so many Q's & have all the answers yet JB's picks are literally years away from any judgement...  What if Virtanen does develop into what he's supposed to be? What if Demko is a Super Star goalie in this league one day? What if Boeser & Gaudette are equal or greater than Gudreau & Monohan? What if Horvat keeps developing into a better player than Bergeron...

Try patience & learn that this is how the NHL has ALWAYS worked. No team dominates forever & no team stays at the bottom for ever....Every team will hit on draft picks & U miss on draft picks.  

And we are going to beat the teams around us loading up with young elite talent?  We need Boeser, Gaudette, Juiolevi, and our first this coming draft to bust their ceilings big time.  I think.

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Taveres, Lindros,  Kane,, Nolan, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Sundin, Modano, Turgeon, Clark, Hawerchuk. Thornton

Seguin, Landeskog, Hedman, Doughty,  Malkin, Shannahan, Pronger, Marleau. Sedin, Linden

History indicates the top 2 are more often than not a cut above.

More than Half those guys U named never won a CUP??? Isn't that what it's all about when U tank???

I can name MANY better players that went after those guys....

Getzlaf

Perry

Zetterberg

Datsyuk

Benn

Bergeron

Kejci

Kesler

St.louis

Gudreau

LeClair

Bure

Pavelski

Marchand

Hossa

Alfredsson

Tkatchuk

Weight

Iginla

Recchi

Forsberg

Koneckny

Rantanen

Federov

Nylander

Larkin

Ehlers

Patranek

Domi

Zibanejad

Robitaille

Rackell

Kucherov

Rask

Schieffle

Tarasenko

Naslund

Bertuzzi

Panarin

Weber

Keith

Karlsson

Bure

Lidstrom

Werenski

Subban

Giroux

Hoffman

Stone

Tryamkin

Chara

Sakic

Fleury

Horvat

Kopitar

Carter

etc. etc. etc. etc. etc....

2 minutes ago, hearditall said:

Team is almost spends to the cap ceiling every season; while being near the bottom of the standings.  It ain't *US* plebs that need patience....it's the dude that writes the cheques.

11 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Team is almost spends to the cap ceiling every season; while being near the bottom of the standings.  It ain't *US* plebs that need patience....it's the dude that writes the cheques.

U are the exact typical jumped on the band wagon in 2011 fan....

Your name says it all...

7 minutes ago, hearditall said:

More than Half those guys U named never won a CUP??? Isn't that what it's all about when U tank???

I can name MANY better players that went after those guys....

Getzlaf

Perry

Zetterberg

Datsyuk

Benn

Bergeron

Kejci

Kesler

St.louis

Gudreau

LeClair

Bure

Pavelski

Marchand

Hossa

Alfredsson

Tkatchuk

Weight

Iginla

Recchi

Forsberg

Koneckny

Rantanen

Federov

Nylander

Larkin

Ehlers

Patranek

Domi

Zibanejad

Robitaille

Rackell

Kucherov

Rask

Schieffle

Tarasenko

Naslund

Bertuzzi

Panarin

Weber

Keith

Karlsson

Bure

Lidstrom

Werenski

Subban

Giroux

Hoffman

Stone

Tryamkin

Chara

Sakic

Fleury

Horvat

Kopitar

Carter

etc. etc. etc. etc. etc....

Whole draft vs. 2 picks.  I also purposely left off the most recent picks due to sample size, but you're crazy if you think Tryamkin, Hoffman, Stone, Rackell are better than the guys I listed.  Add in that Bure isn't a reasonable example as he would have gone much higher if not for geopolitical factors at the time.

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And we are going to beat the teams around us loading up with young elite talent?  We need Boeser, Gaudette, Juiolevi, and our first this coming draft to bust their ceilings big time.  I think.

Alf - those kids are 4-5 years away though.....

Thats the scary thing.... who is going to lead in the next 3-4 years until some of those kids develop properly....

16 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

We are the winning-est Canadian team in the past 20 years??? He has every right to pay his players what he wishes too. We were a Cup contender 4 years ago, U do remember that Old man?

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Thats the scary thing.... who is going to lead in the next 3-4 years until some of those kids develop properly....

I don't mind lean years to wait for elite talent to develop. 

The problem is I don't see any up coming. I see some potentially nice complimentary pieces that could help elites but aside from Bo who has already arrived. 

5 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Agree King.  I think it's got to be BoHo, Eriksson and a free agent on the top line.  And we suck it up for a couple of years until Boeser, Juolevi and Gaudette hit their stride.  There's plenty of if's and but's in my reasoning, I get that.

1 minute ago, TimberWolf said:

I don't mind lean years to wait for elite talent to develop. 

The problem is I don't see any up coming. I see some potentially nice complimentary pieces that could help elites but aside from Bo who has already arrived. 

Nobody can see what hasn't had a chance to arrive..........

Remember when Bo was projected to be a 3rd line center.....

Archived