The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Potential NCAA free agents

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:37 AM, missioncanucksfan said:

Another 2 months to go until college players decide to turn pro. Just curious as to which players to watch or keep an eye on. Nothing cooler than having a gem fall into a teams lap. Stecher was an absolute shot in the arm for this team and we've been reaping the benefits of Tanev for how long now. Sucks we couldn't convince Drake Cagguila to join as he could've also really helped.

A few players that come to mind are Northwestern U players such as Zach Aston-Reese,  and Garret Cockrell. 

Aston-Reese is a Sr. with decent size,

Garret Cockrell is a stocky right shot D that likes to lay the lumber and is having a decent season offensively. Both teammates of Gaudette.

Mike Vecchione has bagged 18 goals already in 21 games. C/RW for Union

Alex Kerfoot, local guy getting it done for Harvard

Great to see other names and possible scouting reports

yes

Union College has three players that seem intriguing, as someone mentioned Mike Vecchione is up there at the top of the list, then there is Spencer Foo (rw) and the one I'm kind of interested in Sebastian Vidmar as he can play either wing but I believe plays more lw, something that the Canucks need and I believe have the highest chance of signing.

I'm sure many would like to see Zach Aston-Reese come here but I think he will stay close to school and sign with the Blackhawks or head out east to Boston or even Pittsburgh

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Better to bump this existing thread than to create a new redundant one (that we would have to lock)

I agree but seems to be more talk in other threads than posting that newer info here. Mod could lock and send that all into here tho I am sure...they have the power!

8 minutes ago, Yotes said:

I agree but seems to be more talk in other threads than posting that newer info here. Mod could lock and send that all into here tho I am sure...they have the power!

It depends which thread you are referring to. There are other threads about specific players, whereas this is more of a "catch-all" thread for NCAA Free Agents in general. Both of which can coexist. I was more referring to creating a new NCAA Free Agents thread (which would be redundant). 

Archived