The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll) Willie Watch

JM_

I seem to recall many similar sounding posts trying to justify why AV should have been fired.

I think that if Trev and JB want to make a change, they'll wait until the offseason to do it. This team is not the Penguins, where a change of voice in the room mid-season will make an immediate difference.

4 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

I seem to recall many similar sounding posts trying to justify why AV should have been fired.

I think that Trev and JB want to make a change, they'll wait until the offseason to do it. This team is not the Penguins, where a change of voice in the room mid-season will make an immediate difference.

AV had a nice run though at least. Don't forget the idea was to be competitive, and Willies got this team wound up so tight they're the worst offence in the league. That just doesn't match up with the players we have, I'm not saying we'd be #1, but no way is this group of guys this bad. 

9 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

I've seen enough. I do not believe that Willie has the ability to turn this around for several reasons:

1. You can't get any more effort out of these guys.

2. The kids are not being played enough.

3. Willie is convinced the only way with this team is winning 1-0 or 2-1 games.

So, in that spirit, how many more losses will it take for a coaching change, and who should replace Willie?

And for the Willie supporters (you know who you are), please elaborate on why this guy with this system is a good idea and why it should be stuck with instead of just trashing people who want a change. 

Why isnt Ralph Krueger an option? I demand an explanation. 

11 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I had to look this up - the coach that surprised everyone with how he handled Team Europe. He was also head coach briefly for the Oilers, who they replaced with Eakins... 

Sure, why not? 

16 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

Willie is not a good coach but replacing him won't fix the team, be like putting a new steering wheel on a car with a blown engine

Solid goaltending. Reliable top 4 D. Guys that score when Willie isn't coaching them. 

10 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

If you think a coaching change will make this roster win games you're going to be dissapointed

a new coach will actually play JV, Baer, Bo etc etc and decrease the mins of the twins.......something that desperately needs to happen.

31 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I had to look this up - the coach that surprised everyone with how he handled Team Europe. He was also head coach briefly for the Oilers, who they replaced with Eakins... 

Sure, why not? 

Because they have Green in Utica who has absolutely earned his spot behind the Canucks bench. 

1 hour ago, LaBamba said:

He's being paid a fortune to run a soccer team over here in the UK, and is doing very well. His return to hockey, albeit temporarily, was a huge surprise - but I doubt he'd be allowed to walk back to the NHL during the Premier League season. If the Canucks wanted him, we'd likely need to wait until the end of the NHL season.

10 hours ago, AriGold said:

Doug Jarvis has not won 1 game in the NHL as a head coach, to say he has what it takes makes no sense because he doesn't even know if he has what it takes. The Canucks need a proven winner who can take control of the room, a vet of sorts.

Gotta reach outside the organization, not within.

With all due respect, YOU have not won 1 game in the NHL. Doug Jarvis can't win 1 game in the NHL as head coach because he hasn't even been put in that spot.

The North Stars weren't part of the NHL? Sure they've long since been a defunct team... that still counts for something.

13 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

He's being paid a fortune to run a soccer team over here in the UK, and is doing very well. His return to hockey, albeit temporarily, was a huge surprise - but I doubt he'd be allowed to walk back to the NHL during the Premier League season. If the Canucks wanted him, we'd likely need to wait until the end of the NHL season.

This explains a lot. My lack of soccer knowledge has failed me big time. Back under the bridge I go. 

27 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

With all due respect, YOU have not won 1 game in the NHL. Doug Jarvis can't win 1 game in the NHL as head coach because he hasn't even been put in that spot.

The North Stars weren't part of the NHL? Sure they've long since been a defunct team... that still counts for something.

Once again, my point is that the Canucks need a Vet coach, not a rookie head coach. Somebody who has had the reigns and can control a room.

2 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

Me.

C'mon, lets hear why Willie's making the right choices. I'd really like to know - his plan must be brilliant and ready to gel anytime now. 

Whining after a game where his team outshot the NHL's top club 42-22.

Do you want him to shoot the puck as well?

Anyhow, inform yourself first regarding what he's actually doing and then I might take your protests seriously.

Archived