The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Teams Inquiring About F Alex Burrows

hiebskey

4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Yeah because Utica is chock full of alternatives.

Why do we have so many hockey illiterates on these boards. Don't these people realise this is not their Playstation, it's real life.

You teach them, elfstroker. You and your vast knowledge of hockey and your sad, misplaced arrogance. 

7 hours ago, mll said:

I was only commenting on Bowey being traded for Hansen.

Khurshudyan wrote back in January that the indication is that Washington does not want to tinker with their roster.  They feel they are already a playoff-ready team and are particularly content with their forward group.  The only acquisition they are looking to make is a depth D (à la Tim Gleason, Mike Weber the previous years) because they aren't as deep at that position unlike at F.   

Maybe the Burakowsky injury changes things but doubtful it would be at the expense of Bowie.  Teams are so much more willing to move picks this year. 

I love how some ppl actually think we could land Bowey for Hansen.  Caps already gave away Forsberg for Erat, hard to see them make another terrible move like this in such a short period of time.  Not to mention the trade value isn't even close.

2 minutes ago, OfficeDonkey said:

I love how some ppl actually think we could land Bowey for Hansen.  Caps already gave away Forsberg for Erat, hard to see them make another terrible move like this in such a short period of time.  Not to mention the trade value isn't even close.

If Hansen returns Bowey, and JB doesn't make that deal, he should be FIRED!

On 2/20/2017 at 1:25 AM, Junkyard Dog said:

Burrows brought back would be better option rather than another Chaput, Skille, or Megna.

Since he'll be over 35 we can continue to sign him to 1 year deal with performance bonuses. He'd be a cheap cap hit yet could still get the money he deserves if he can keep up this kind of play.

We can use that cap to bring in some serious muscle to our bottom 6. No offense to Dorsett but we need a guy that can play like him but that's 30+lbs bigger and 3+ inches taller.

If we aren't gonna win games then lets batter and bruise our opponents and destroy whomever tries to mess with our youth.

His name is Gudbransson, and as soon as people will stop pretending he has the slightest clue how to play defense, is as soon as he can be made a bottom 6 winger

On Monday, February 20, 2017 at 1:34 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

Why not?

They're in first place overall. Best defensive team with only 126 goals against. 2knd best offensive team.  Not having any impending cap or player issues for next year.  The time to win is now. A guy who can be deployed to add speed and grit, that plays a hard nosed defensive game, can chip in goals, particularly off transition, jump up the line up as someone inevitably gets hurt > Is exactly what they need.

And Bowey is a good prospect. But not blue chip. He's not going to take Niskanen or John Carlson's defensive or scoring shifts on the point as a right handed shot two way D. Which is what he is hoped to become as a player. Or he would have blown into the NHL and beat Nate Schmidt, or someone else off the roster.

I'd spend him if I were the caps. 

Hey you make a great case and I agree and I too would welcome Bowey with open arms and a fist pump but I don't see it happening.

1 minute ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Hey you make a great case and I agree and I too would welcome Bowey with open arms and a fist pump but I don't see it happening.

Yeah, they will do something.  If they can do it without trading him I am sure they would prefer it. 

Possibly draft picks, but we'll see?

16 hours ago, the_impersonator13 said:

Megna squared, Chaput, Skille and Larsen on PP1 

if i had to watch that. i'd rather ownership sell the team. lmao. willie :blink: probably would though. Megna is his superstar. i'm hoping Willie is gone by the end of the year. i hate his deployment. get him outta here!! 

On 2/21/2017 at 2:05 PM, terrible.dee said:

His name is Gudbransson, and as soon as people will stop pretending he has the slightest clue how to play defense, is as soon as he can be made a bottom 6 winger

Idk man.

Sbisa was god awful his first year and people wanted him gone. Now he's having a career year.

Could be the same with Gudbranson. If he improves as much as Sbisa has I think he'll have more potential to make more of an impact than Sbisa is currently.

Very similar situation IMO. Only difference is This is the 1st time Gudbranson has been traded and to a west team whereas Sbisa stayed in the Pacific after being traded and has been traded already(PHI to ANA). Only time will tell if this theory still holds so I wouldn't squash it yet.

On 2/21/2017 at 2:05 PM, terrible.dee said:

Not easy trying to cover all of Hutton's mistakes this year. He's had a pretty brutal sophomore season.

I blame Willie for keeping that pair together even though they weren't a fit. 

I suspect he'll have a much stronger second season once we have a more qualified coach.

34 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not easy trying to cover all of Hutton's mistakes this year. He's had a pretty brutal sophomore season.

I suspect he'll have a much stronger second season once we have a more qualified coach.

+1 Man sbisa was horrible his first year here. It takes time for a defenseman to adjust to a new system and read off their d partners and stuff like that.

im not saying guddy is a good dman just saying it'll take more than one season, and an injury riddled one at that, to come to a conclusion.

to be honest this could be a blessing as his reported request at 5-5.5m could now be closer to 4ish which will be pretty decent if he becomes a sturdy top 4 minute munching guy with a physical presence.

dang son @Junkyard Dog said the same thing lol

that deserves a +1 too

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I hope that coach is Green. He is good at keeping players accountable. He looks to have a more hands on and tough love approach.  WIllie is a good communicator no doubt but when you have a lot of young rookies coming into the team.  Having a more hard nose accountable guy is key I think. Virt will be back next season vying for a spot.  Having a guy like Green manning the big leagues will help him, boeser, juolevi, and demko i am pretty sure.  

It's crazy to think its conceivable we could have a stretch of games next season where we see all 4 of the team's top prospects suit up together in the nhl.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:40 AM, goblix said:

Actually our owner in 94 was Arthur Griffiths

Aquilini bought the team in 2004. The only real animosity worth commenting on is Aquilini and his relationship with the Dallas Stars owner because they have some personal animosity.

No I was merely stating that there might be some hard feelings between Vancouver and the Rangers because of losing in game 7 to them.

• -SN- locked this topic

Archived