The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks VS New Jersey Devils, Jan 15, 2017, 4 pm

KyoNami

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I believe they were waiting on his equipment still and needed to dress someone. Rodin ended up being that someone. 

lol lol are you &^@#ing serious? that's actually your answer? equipment, really? so in the entire city of Calgary they couldn't find a store that sells hockey equipment? so they resorted to dressing an injured player instead? because a team that is worth 750 million dollars didn't want to spend 700 dollars to dress a healthy player? come on man, that's just stupid.

12 minutes ago, oldnews said:

AV and WD are very similar in a lot of ways.

The primary difference is that WD plays young players a great deal more.  AV is far more Detroit model where players need to be entirely NHL ready.

Haha good one 

almost had me there 

one is incompetent 

2 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

lol lol are you &^@#ing serious? that's actually your answer? equipment, really? so in the entire city of Calgary they couldn't find a store that sells hockey equipment? so they resorted to dressing an injured player instead? because a team that is worth 750 million dollars didn't want to spend 700 dollars to dress a healthy player? come on man, that's just stupid.

Clearly you've never played the game player equipment is sacred to a pro athlete they like their pads, sticks, skates all to have a familiar feel to them. Each player is different, so yes waiting for his customized equipment is my answer. 

There's no "off the shelf" equipment at this level give me a break...

25 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

The overplayed him in pre season for zero reason. He was already coming off an injury at the time 

now he is ready .... don't buy that garbage that he is not. They are letting him sit because they know he will bolt anyways 

I wonder if it was to see if he had any chance of handling the regular season.

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Clearly you've never played the game player equipment is sacred to a pro athlete they like their pads, sticks, skates all to have a familiar feel to them. Each player is different, so yes waiting for his customized equipment is my answer. 

There's no "off the shelf" equipment at this level give me a break...

lol give you a break, no I won't because I have played for 23 years, obviously just rec at the adult level, but rep growing up. and if given the opportunity to get into an NHL game I would put on whatever gear they put in front of me, since you think boucher wouldn't do the same, its pretty obvious which one of us has never played the game

13 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

I really wish for the NHL to get rid of the loser points    A loss is a loss as far as I'm concerned

It was just rad when the playoffs were decided in February.  Close standings are such a drag.  I wish it was like the old days when you didn't even have to check them to know.  Also, sunshine is a drag.

4 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

lol give you a break, no I won't because I have played for 23 years, obviously just rec at the adult level, but rep growing up. and if given the opportunity to get into an NHL game I would put on whatever gear they put in front of me, since you think boucher wouldn't do the same, its pretty obvious which one of us has never played the game

Why should Boucher leapfrog Rodin?  You've played long enough to know that coaches want to play guys that have got half a practice in?

7 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

That's not how NHL players operate and that's why they get to that level.

Also as of this moment Rodin is higher on the depth chart too. 

I played Lacrosse up to junior. I only played rec hockey. But lacrosse I was picky about equipment 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

That's not how NHL players operate and that's why they get to that level.

Also as of this moment Rodin is higher on the depth chart too. 

I played Lacrosse up to junior. I only played rec hockey. But lacrosse I was picky about equipment 

wow really, you are just going to cling to that argument? he may be higher but if he is injured that doesn't matter. and if you are boucher and you have a chance at getting into a game you're going to say no because you don't have your own personal equipment with you? lol, if you do you don't deserve to have a chance. I'd play on equipment bought from the dollar store if it meant I got a chance in an NHL game and if you think any established NHL'er wouldn't do the same, well we all know why you suck at sports. 

Just now, Nucksfollower1983 said:

wow really, you are just going to cling to that argument? he may be higher but if he is injured that doesn't matter. and if you are boucher and you have a chance at getting into a game you're going to say no because you don't have your own personal equipment with you? lol, if you do you don't deserve to have a chance. I'd play on equipment bought from the dollar store if it meant I got a chance in an NHL game and if you think any established NHL'er wouldn't do the same, well we all know why you suck at sports. 

Seriously? First off Reid Boucher has already played in the NHL and knows he has an NHL career ahead of him so yes his own custom fitted equipment is that damn important to play at that level. 

Secondly I didn't "suck at sports" I injured my knee and didn't pursue any further lacrosse career because being able to have a job was more important. 

Archived