The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal (Duchene could end the rebuild)

Mr.53

While I think Colorado is similar to the Oilers of year's past, I don't think they've lost enough yet to be that desperate.

So...any trade for Duchene right now is going to start with Tanev and end with our first round pick, with something painful in the middle.

If you can make it happen for Tanev, Virtanen and our first do you do it? It would be worth thinking about perhaps...especially if we end up picking 7 or 8th overall this year.

Tanev would fetch Duchene. They might say no, but that's what his value is. If they say no, then conversation over until they come crawling back. Do you think when Larsson was offered for Hall that Chiarelli jumped for joy? NO! He probably asked all over the league and nobody wanted to pay more than that so he called them back.

It's a simple negotiation tactic and you don't give up more than that unless it is a meaningless piece that for them will make the deal work. If someone else wants to give up more for him then let them, but that is what he's worth.

Duchene is a great player, he made Team Canada for a reason (unless you all want to tell me how dumb Hockey Canada is, picking a winning team almost every time).

Tanev is a great player, he made Team Canada last World Championship and was one of their best defenders (again, unless you think Hockey Canada is dumb, in which case you should go back to bed).

14 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

The reality is that other than our blue chip prospects (Demko, Boeser) and Horvat, the Canucks do not have anything that would get much back (and yes this includes Tanev and Edler who some on this board greatly overvalue)

Larssen returned Hall, and Tanev is arguably better (as supported by fancy stats) than Larssen.  Top two defencemen, like Tanev, are worth a lot more than you think.  (As proven by the Hall - Larssen trade)

On 1/15/2017 at 2:54 PM, Alflives said:

Is Duchene playing like a star player?  Sbisa and Granlund help the Avs with what they need.  It's a very fair trade.  

Tanev has to replace Sbisa in order to make this work for the Avs

On 1/15/2017 at 3:26 PM, DontMessMe said:

No.. Just no.. This is truly Canucks bias. This is NOT fair at all for the Avs 

Would you accept 

Top 6 D man 

Top 9 forward 

for 

BO HORVAT?? 

You want duchene? 

Offer like 

Tanev 

Boeser/Juolevi

1st 

Look, Avs arent giving him away. Its gonna be expensive. Its best if we dont make a trade with them. Im just trying to get a neutral viewing. Please... 

Hey I agree the trade is not fair but no way we give up either Boeser or Juolevi. Maybe Tanev and a 2nd would be a fair trade.

On 1/15/2017 at 3:30 PM, DontMessMe said:

Like I said, that EDM deal was stupid. It wont happen again 

Granlund is a top 9 forward

Sbisa is a top 6 

Duchene is a 1B/2A forward 

Ya but Duchene is one dimenssional and is trending down already. He's not a complete player like  Bo.

On 1/15/2017 at 3:38 PM, Beary Sweet said:

Boy didn't Benning clearly say just a couple days ago we aren't trading any more picks and the Guddy trade was the last he was going to give draft picks. For a guy like Duchene though, it's worth the risk. Has proven track record of putting points on the board on a consistent basis. I'd do something like Sbisa, Granny, and a 1st for Duchene and a 3rd if we get lucky but knowing Benning, he'll overpay to some extent

Ya consistent. You mean consistently going downward.right?

On 1/15/2017 at 3:44 PM, DontMessMe said:

Sbisa Granlund 1st isnt enough. Its gonna take a big overpayment on our side. Anaylst have said sakic has a big price tag on him 

What he wants and what he gets are 2 different things. Tanev and a 2nd is enough if Joe don't like it then Joe can find another partner or should I say sucker.

8 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Colorado would not do that. They have a high price set for Duchene. 

Well then I guess there keeping him or finding another sucker. I don't understand why people here think that we have to pay what people want. News Flash WE DON'T. Lets remember the Avs came out and said they were on the market so its not like we came begging for him. Benning I hope is smarter then that.

2 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Thats y we will never acquire duchene. His price is too high 

Its gonna be 

Blue chip prospect

Top 4 D 

1st 

I understand what they want but I don't see any team giving them that. Hopefully not us.

Archived