The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal (Duchene could end the rebuild)

Mr.53

21 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Thats y we will never acquire duchene. His price is too high 

Its gonna be 

Blue chip prospect

Top 4 D 

1st 

No, because nobody will pay that and then they will counter offer. I swear people on here have no idea what negotiations are. Of course they would like a prospect, dman, and 1st. Who wouldn't? That's what everyone wants. Have you ever bought a used car? Do you just pay the asking price? Have you ever bought a house? Do you just pay the asking price? Do you recall cba negotiations? Did everyone get exactly what they wanted? No, in all above situations they negotiate and lower their ask until a deal is made.

2 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

No, because nobody will pay that and then they will counter offer. I swear people on here have no idea what negotiations are. Of course they would like a prospect, dman, and 1st. Who wouldn't? That's what everyone wants. Have you ever bought a used car? Do you just pay the asking price? Have you ever bought a house? Do you just pay the asking price? Do you recall cba negotiations? Did everyone get exactly what they wanted? No, in all above situations they negotiate and lower their ask until a deal is made.

I think you're the one that's not understanding this - there are many types of negotiations. I can't believe you're comparing this to a used car sale. In a used car buying example, you have a motivated seller (the car's occupying space in the lot and the car's depreciating like crazy) and a motivated buyer (I need to get from point A to point B and the transit doesn't get me there fast enough). A better comparison would be: I own a startup company that's generating me 10 million dollars in revenue a year, but I'm thinking of retiring very early. Duchene's young, very productive, not a cancer to the team. The only reason he's on the market is because they want a star D-man in return. This is very similar to the Seth Jones-Ryan Johansen trade.

5 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

I think you're the one that's not understanding this - there are many types of negotiations. I can't believe you're comparing this to a used car sale. In a used car buying example, you have a motivated seller (the car's occupying space in the lot and the car's depreciating like crazy) and a motivated buyer (I need to get from point A to point B and the transit doesn't get me there fast enough). A better comparison would be: I own a startup company that's generating me 10 million dollars in revenue a year, but I'm thinking of retiring very early. Duchene's young, very productive, not a cancer to the team. The only reason he's on the market is because they want a star D-man in return. This is very similar to the Seth Jones-Ryan Johansen trade.

You think the Avs are going to get a star young deman for Duchene?  :lol:

Tanev is an over payment.  Duchene is trending downward.  

1 hour ago, Sbriggs said:

Well then I guess there keeping him or finding another sucker. I don't understand why people here think that we have to pay what people want. News Flash WE DON'T. Lets remember the Avs came out and said they were on the market so its not like we came begging for him. Benning I hope is smarter then that.

Being on the market doesnt mean being CHEAP 

He will stay with the Avs. Period. Unless someone is willing to pay a high price :)

45 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Trade doesnt have to happen. So.. 

2 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

You overvalue our players. And I guess you can say im the opposite. Im simply trying to look at a very neutral view. 

Considering the recent market set by the Hall/Larssen trade, you sound like an Avs fan, and not at all neutral.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Considering the recent market set by the Hall/Larssen trade, you sound like an Avs fan, and not at all neutral.

Look at the Gudbranson trade too. Not just that ONE GOD DAMN TRADE

The Hall/Larsen trade was stupid. It was very one-sided 

btw off topic: I hope your not one of those crazy fans who think HANSEN is worth a 1st round pick

1 minute ago, DontMessMe said:

Look at the Gudbranson trade too. Not just that ONE GOD DAMN TRADE

The Hall/Larsen trade was stupid. It was very one-sided 

That's the current market.  It may appear stupid to some fans, but defensive d, who can play a shut down role against other teams top players cost.  Plus, 26 year old, one way offensive guys (who are perennially on losing teams) just might not carry the value some fans think.  

Just now, Alflives said:

That's the current market.  It may appear stupid to some fans, but defensive d, who can play a shut down role against other teams top players cost.  Plus, 26 year old, one way offensive guys (who are perennially on losing teams) just might not carry the value some fans think.  

Ur saying ONE TRADE makes the market? 

Archived