The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Canucks Vs. Preds, Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7 PM

Qwags

5 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

RE: Nashville disallowed goal.

Stecher just too small and not strong enough to clear out the Nashville players in front of the net.

He has the flue and should have been replaced by Pedan. Now he is missing from the bench and we will play with five D men. WD needs to stop letting the players decide if they can go or not.

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

No just proves Wille is a moron 

he is the one who is not ready for the NHL 

this is how we end up in a game with 4 or 5 D men ..... but OLD Willie never learns 

Just now, combover said:

I think it says more about the coaches poor decision making. 

Way to outright fail at trying to see things from the other side for 8 seconds. Have you guys both watched Pedan play this year?

12 minutes ago, Justdean10 said:

so weird to see the Canucks getting the calls on their side
like, they are doing it just to mess with us... "haha watch this, Canucks fans will be scratching their heads after we give them this call.. and will think we actually like them HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... then we can screw them over when it really matters MUAHHA HA HA HA"

If Canucks arent in a play-off position, the officials are directed to throw them a call or 2... but at home ONLY.

When the Canucks are on the road or back into a play-off position,... they will be messed with again, as per usual. Because that's when O'Halloran. Sutherland, ORourke or Lee will show-up to officiate match-ups. Nothin' new to see here.

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

Well another scoreless 1st. These days I don't have to drive like Mad Max to get home to catch Canucks games from the puck drop. :rolleyes:

I hear you. The wife loves when I pvr and watch a game in under an hour. The last 3 seasons plus have made my home life much more enjoyable from her standpoint. I myself have had to resort to self medicating with the good ol vap pen. 

Perhaps a coughing-fit, or a wad of gum had the whistles stuck in the referees' hands or in their pockets?  Whatever! The breaks are somewhat refreshing if not surprising tho. Too much guilt being felt by the officiating fraternity over past witnessed wrongs, I guess. About time!

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Who else wants to see more physical play from this team, that means throwing hits, sticking up for goalies (and players), and so on.

A LOT of things have to change before that happens... and I mean REALLY A LOT.

6 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Ref can't call a goal if he's intending to blow the whistle. Our boys got lucky but you know they won't take advantage of it 

I think all the confusion was because TO saw the refs having the conference and called in trying to call it a goal.  The ref that intended to blow the whistle had to talk them out of it.    :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Yes I have actually

i can say with 100 percent confidence he can play better than someone who is sick 

To be honest I wouldn't play hockey if I had the flu, but that's just me. If WD asks Stecher if he's good to go and Stech says yes then that's that. If he then has a bad game maybe he sits the next one.  

Just now, 1-d said:

A LOT of things have to change before that happens... and I mean REALLY A LOT.

Yes, but aren't you sick of seeing Miller/Markstrom get hacked at, bumped or snow showered by an opponent, and our players just stand there as if nothing happened, or when we get run at by players and just take the hits and in return we do nothing (The Calgary game was a good example of that).

Archived