The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reid Boucher | LW/RW

Salmonberries

3 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Willie has him on the 4th in line rushes at practice. Unfortunate, i thought he played a great game.

Sedin - Sedin - Granlund

Baertschi - Horvat - Eriksson

Gaunce - Sutter - Megna

Cramarossa - Chaput - Boucher

Wow can we please stop the Megna experiment? 43GP and only 4goals and 3assists. Thats piss poor for playing with the guys he has. If there is one thing I don't like about Willie its that he thinks he sees someone as something their not. HIs perception is off. Another example would be his view of our power play, which he thinks is good hahaha.

Baertschi-Bo-Boucher

Gaunce-Sutter-Eriksson would be better.

Then again, maybe Willy is trying to make us fail so we get first overall pick haha

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Willie has him on the 4th in line rushes at practice. Unfortunate, i thought he played a great game.

Sedin - Sedin - Granlund

Baertschi - Horvat - Eriksson

Gaunce - Sutter - Megna

Cramarossa - Chaput - Boucher

Why reward a guy for playing well?  :(

• Upvote 1

On 3/3/2017 at 1:06 AM, VanIsleNuckFan said:

Was thinking this all game... I was really behind Willie from the start but he is pissing me off lately..Boucher looked great with Bo, but who needs chemistry right?

Yeah i thought so too, Boucher looked very good in Bos line against the Red wings. Bo Baertchi and Boucher, killer Bs!

On 3/2/2017 at 8:00 AM, Derp... said:

Part of me hopes Boucher goes on a tear, but I also don't want him to get picked in the expansion because he actually looks like a top 9 forward for us next year.

Creative passer, with a good shot, and is responsible at both ends.

Same here, I think hed look really good with the Sedins, but yes , it is a conundrum that if he shows something the next few games till the end of the season, they might snatch him up

He needs to be in for Megnatron today. Our Defensive forwards are probably so tired from last night, and the best way to keep them fresh is to play in the Offensive zone. Boucher is a pretty good player along the wall and in the corners. Megna is just a rush guy (Oh and a PP Pilon) 

6 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Yeah i thought so too, Boucher looked very good in Bos line against the Red wings. Bo Baertchi and Boucher, killer Bs!

Ya man, that would be a killer line.. RB backchecks well too, and throws his weight around as much as Megna, what gives?

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Apparently Boucher was really out of shape when he got here. Maybe Willies teaching him to be a pro. I would say Boucher needs more offensive opportunities like on the power play. Maybe the high slot on the power play with the Sedins. Bae-Sedins-boucher-Hutton.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Apparently Boucher was really out of shape when he got here. Maybe Willies teaching him to be a pro. I would say Boucher needs more offensive opportunities like on the power play. Maybe the high slot on the power play with the Sedins. Bae-Sedins-boucher-Hutton.

He looked really good today. One thing I really noticed was how calm he is in pressure situations, another was obviously his shot. He got a chance to be on the PP, not with the Sedin line but with the Horvat line, and he had a couple nice shots. I'd like to see more of him!

15 minutes ago, ajhockey said:

He seems like a Hansen/Burrows type of player. We can only hope he's as hard a worker as well.

I wish he had the speed to go with it. Obviously it's possible to overcome a slow stride, but damn would he ever be a good little player if he had just a little more acceleration.

Though, I imagine if he did he wouldn't have been on waivers so it's a moot point. :lol:

The Mighty Boosh is showing us all why we wanted to see him in the line-up earlier. After everything he's been through this season, he deserves some ice time, and I'm delighted he's giving a good account of himself. Keep him for next year JB!

Essentially a second coming of Wellwood, he's got the skill and determination, he just needs to have a great off-season of training and come into training camp lighter and fitter. That's completely up to him. If he does, he's got a spot in our bottom-6. If not, we've got plenty of Utica boddies and potential NCAA signings who will take his spot.