The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reid Boucher | LW/RW

Salmonberries

On 3/13/2017 at 7:39 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Essentially a second coming of Wellwood, he's got the skill and determination, he just needs to have a great off-season of training and come into training camp lighter and fitter. That's completely up to him. If he does, he's got a spot in our bottom-6. If not, we've got plenty of Utica boddies and potential NCAA signings who will take his spot.

boucher is not wellwood

1 minute ago, guntrix said:

The guy has been impressive lately. I'm hoping that his failure to stick with the Devils and Preds was more because of circumstance and not being given a real chance... because if so, we might have a gem here.

On a good team is Boucher a top six forward?  

Just now, Alflives said:

Is Bo really our only true top six forward until guys like Goldobin, Boeser, Gaudette, and Dhalen mature?

Bo has proven himself to be top six material. 

the other guys you've mentioned haven't proven anything at the NHL level yet. 

they all have potential but that's all it is at this moment in time, until they can demonstrate and translate their games. 

Boucher is an energy forwards as far as I can see. He's a third line guy at best now, but I see a bit of Burrows in him in some ways. Maybe he can surprise and become a top 6 guy during his prime like Burr was.

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Hope Reid can hang on long enough till we get that Coaching change.

Desjardins post game interview from the Dallas game (video on this site- sorry can't copy to here)

is appalling.

yeah. i don't quite understand willie? is he having some kind of crisis? he knows something about his future that the public doesn't know? 

well, i'm not surprised with his recent antics. linden on tsn1040 didn't quite give him public support. that usually doesn't bode well for a coach. there's also no extension as he enters into his last season. that also doesn't look good on willie. 

53 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

yeah. i don't quite understand willie? is he having some kind of crisis? he knows something about his future that the public doesn't know? 

well, i'm not surprised with his recent antics. linden on tsn1040 didn't quite give him public support. that usually doesn't bode well for a coach. there's also no extension as he enters into his last season. that also doesn't look good on willie. 

I think this year was going to be his "critical" year, regardless of the 2017-18 final year of his contract.

I believe the Canucks wanted to sign him for 3 years .. Desjardins wanted 4.

If that's true. .  It means the Canucks would have fully evaluated and assessed Desjardins by the 3rd year, irregardless of his 4th.

Going home to work on the farm, and to bed at a reasonable hour with a Meelion Dollars in your mattress isn't a bad thing ;) 

15 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Hope Reid can hang on long enough till we get that Coaching change.

Desjardins post game interview from the Dallas game (video on this site- sorry can't copy to here)

is appalling.

Benning seems to like him.  Would expect they'll qualify him, along with Cramarossa.  They'll need to show in September that they deserve to be on the team or they'll be back on waivers or in the minors.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Benning seems to like him.  Would expect they'll qualify him, along with Cramarossa.  They'll need to show in September that they deserve to be on the team or they'll be back on waivers or in the minors.

yeah. agree. that those two would have to prove their worth before getting a shot on the roster. It's looking like quite the competitive camp for next season with a flurry of young prospects vying for roster spots on the team. that can only be a good sign for us moving forward. 

WD must actually despise playing Boucher. Granted I am not an NHL coach but I just don't see what he does (or doesn't do) in comparison to some of his teammates that justifies his playing time. Has a great shift and a legit scoring chance and then doesn't play again?!?!?! I am honestly at a complete loss. I'm not saying he's great or even good but I feel like he's earned a better opportunity .... especially when the ship is sinking.

27 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Basically the strategy is to clog up the ice and fall back and shut down the other team because no matter who that is, night in night out they are more talented than us. Then maybe knock in a goal alongfg the way and scrape out a point or two that way. It kept us in the playoff hunt ridiculously late into the season.

The alternative is to get smoked 8-0 every night. Maybe we'll see that alternative next year; Willie's system has masked just how truly bad we actually are.

i know jb said the team would play the younger players more

and they have been played more

but i have no problem with boucher playing more limited minutes

this guy better work on his fitness and skating this summer

and come to camp a bit more fine tuned or he is in danger of not making the nhl roster

say what you want about wd on boucher

boucher has been with 3 organizations this season as he regressed from last season

and was waived by new jersey, nashville, and new jersey again

3 management teams cannot be that wrong about this guy

so put the onus on him to take a step up

he appears to be heading in the right direction

but this team has little invested in him and will not have much patience with him

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

Basically the strategy is to clog up the ice and fall back and shut down the other team because no matter who that is, night in night out they are more talented than us. Then maybe knock in a goal alongfg the way and scrape out a point or two that way. It kept us in the playoff hunt ridiculously late into the season.

The alternative is to get smoked 8-0 every night. Maybe we'll see that alternative next year; Willie's system has masked just how truly bad we actually are.

Both the Oilers and Dallas gave the Canucks credit for playing a structured defensive system. How many neutral zone turnovers in the Canuck favor? I think you are bang on. It can be painful to watch at times and explains why Goldofin(?) gets fans excited when he scores on a break away. Try that every game and the Canucks are bombed.

This is a reasonable strategy at this point with a younger roster. As experience is gained and skill level improves more latitude can be increased. I have felt that the Canucks have done well in the ozone most games this year. They strip the puck regularly and can win board battles even though many players are on the lighter side. Canucks have to get bigger forwards.  

• Upvote 2