The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reid Boucher | LW/RW

Salmonberries

1 hour ago, Salmonberries said:

In extremely limited viewing Boucher seems to be an upgrade over Gaunce on the fourth line.

Makes me feel bad for Gaunce if that's the case, but hey, that's how the business works. You play better, you get the job.

18 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

In extremely limited viewing Boucher seems to be an upgrade over Gaunce on the fourth line.

Very limited I agree. IMO fans should remember the Minnie game and what CUP contenders have, size! Fans were laughing because Tryamkin tuned Jenner up but would you not love to have that kid on your roster? Through the whole game Jenner was playing an aggressive and heavy game. I thought he was a standout for Columbus. To many small forwards on the Canucks to be a serious contender.  

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

Very limited I agree. IMO fans should remember the Minnie game and what CUP contenders have, size! Fans were laughing because Tryamkin tuned Jenner up but would you not love to have that kid on your roster? Through the whole game Jenner was playing an aggressive and heavy game. I thought he was a standout for Columbus. To many small forwards on the Canucks to be a serious contender.  

Too many small, slow, and weak forwards on our team.

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Was noticing him out there a bit tonight. I am surprised we were able to pick him up for nothing. I think he will be a great addition to our new core group moving forward. 

In Benning we trust. Haha but seriously, Benning has done an awesome job

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

I wonder if we should keep Boucher out 10 of the next 20 games so that he isn't available for the expansion draft? Who would Vegas take, Gaunce or Boucher?

It doesn't work like that.  Boucher will be exposed regardless of the number of games he plays unless the Canucks protect him.  

The games is a minimum exposure requirement where among the players left unprotected there must be at least 2 Fs and 1D that have played those 40/70 games.

Edited by mll

Part of me hopes Boucher goes on a tear, but I also don't want him to get picked in the expansion because he actually looks like a top 9 forward for us next year.

Creative passer, with a good shot, and is responsible at both ends.

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:20 PM, Alflives said:

Too many small, slow, and weak forwards on our team.

I don't think we're as slow as we were a year ago. And with these new prospects, including Cammarosa, we'll have a lot more speed.

Don't disagree we'll need some additional physicality in the lineup, but to be fair, the team is in transition so I'm confident JB understands that. Just look to what his mentor Chiarelli is doing in Edmonton with the addition of guys like Maroon, Lucic, and Kassian to support the skilled guys. I think that's JB's mindset as well.

23 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

I don't think we're as slow as we were a year ago. And with these new prospects, including Cammarosa, we'll have a lot more speed.

Don't disagree we'll need some additional physicality in the lineup, but to be fair, the team is in transition so I'm confident JB understands that. Just look to what his mentor Chiarelli is doing in Edmonton with the addition of guys like Maroon, Lucic, and Kassian to support the skilled guys. I think that's JB's mindset as well.

I don't think we are all that small either. Our current roster has 4 players under 6 ft (Bachman, Biega, Stetcher and Boucher) while Pittsburgh has 7 players under 6 Ft.......how has that been working for them? As you say though, we could use a little more physicality amongst our forwards.