The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reid Boucher | LW/RW

Salmonberries

Just now, Alflives said:

I don't know.  He's only played 7 minutes this game.  Maybe they will choose guys who play more minutes, like Sbisa?

No clue if he's eligible or not, but the dude is still only 23 and has really good offensive instincts. I'd hate to lose him.

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

No clue if he's eligible or not, but the dude is still only 23 and has really good offensive instincts. I'd hate to lose him.

Me too.  I like guys who can score goals.  They do seemingly do nothing all game, but come out with a goal.  We need guys like Boucher.  

20 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I think he needs to be protected, as he's played in +100 games.

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

he had two goals today? i'd hate to lose him as well, especially if he can put in the work necessary for his conditioning to be in excellent shape, he could be a pretty decent goal scorer in the line up. 

1 hour ago, ajhockey said:

Given the way he's been playing, it wouldn't be insane for Vegas to take Boucher. He's a lot cheaper than Sbisa and they'll have to watch the cap.

Gives LV more money to spend in free agency, which they have already stated they want to do.

1 hour ago, ajhockey said:

Given the way he's been playing, it wouldn't be insane for Vegas to take Boucher. He's a lot cheaper than Sbisa and they'll have to watch the cap.

Yes, and do have a multitude of different player personnel needs for their organization. It's about more than assembling thirty highly paid NHLers, they'll need cheap contracts, and even guys earmarked for their AHL affiliate to round things out obviously. I think Boucher is a serious pickup possibility for Vegas.

The kid's no doubt got potential, but we need a bit more from him. Would love it if he could round out to his big frame and play a bit more physically and start killing penalties, but right now in an abbreviated season for him playing with essentially PTOs and pluggers he's scoring at a 20 goal pace.

He's IMO earned a spot on our roster and I think Vegas will pass up on him because he was essentially a waiver wire pickup from the 3rd worst team to the 4th worst team in the league and there's surely better players out there.

Start him next year with Granlund and Sutter as a very decent 3rd line. Ideally we have a playmaker playing at Boucher's wing/center spot because he's proven he's a pure sniper but that was a nifty pass he made to Shore tonight as well.

If he scores one or 2 more goals in the next 3-5 games, If I was Benning, I would do one of these things

1) I'd protect him over Sutter. Simply put, Sutter is overpaid for a 3rd, 4th line center, that can't seem to play the whole season. Sutters contract might scare off Vegas into taking him, and if they do, we are off the hook from his contract which is 4.5 million in the next 4 - 5 years? (too lazy to google)

2) throw a low pick Vegas way to tell them to lay off Boucher in expansion

3) SIT Boucher the rest of the season to prevent him from Vegas getting a real assesment on him. As a reward for his cooperation, he gets a 1 yr 1 way deal worth a million, and gets a good shot in making the team next season.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

If he scores one or 2 more goals in the next 3-5 games, If I was Benning, I would do one of these things

1) I'd protect him over Sutter. Simply put, Sutter is overpaid for a 3rd, 4th line center, that can't seem to play the whole season. Sutters contract might scare off Vegas into taking him, and if they do, we are off the hook from his contract which is 4.5 million in the next 4 - 5 years? (too lazy to google)

2) throw a low pick Vegas way to tell them to lay off Boucher in expansion

3) SIT Boucher the rest of the season to prevent him from Vegas getting a real assesment on him. As a reward for his cooperation, he gets a 1 yr 1 way deal worth a million, and gets a good shot in making the team next season.

Hope Vegas takes Sbisa or gaunce 

• Upvote 1

On 3/25/2017 at 6:29 PM, Stierlitz said:

Watched the game on PVR.  Before knowing they stopped play to review it and that it became a goal, I re-watched that shot a half dozen times -- simply amazing release, he barely twitched and the puck flew off his stick.

Almost certain he'll be qualified and brought back but he's not going to get more ice until he plays the way Willie wants and expects.

5 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Watched the game on PVR.  Before knowing they stopped play to review it and that it became a goal, I re-watched that shot a half dozen times -- simply amazing release, he barely twitched and the puck flew off his stick.

Almost certain he'll be qualified and brought back but he's not going to get more ice until he plays the way Willie wants and expects.

Stud