The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Predators @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, hearditall said:

Oh so now we are a high scoring team...? :blink::wacko:

No one is saying that.  But we play ultra defensively away AND at home.  Can't score a lot if you pressure with 0 guys on the forecheck on most nights.  Willie was adventurous and sent one guy in playing 1-2-2 today.  Thrillling stuff...

Just now, CaptainLinden16 said:

No one is saying that.  But we play ultra defensively at away AND at home.  Can't score a lot if you pressure with 0 guys on the forecheck on most nights.  Willie was adventurous and sent one guy in playing 1-2-2 today.  Thrillling stuff...

He's doing  A LOT BETTER than the 65 point predictions & last place finish...

3 minutes ago, hearditall said:

He's doing  A LOT BETTER than the 65 point predictions & last place finish...

That I will agree with a million times over.  I am not saying he is bad coach.  I just don't like that he plays the same way in all situations and at all times.  That's not really coaching.  Coaching is about adjustments.  You don't have to change everything but to change nothing when you are a bottom 15 team is odd.

Tryamkin is the clearly the new alpha on the blueline. Once Gudbranson and Dorsett return.......next season, this team becomes a lot meaner.

Sutter, Burrows, Edler, and even Boucher were missiles. Biega is a scrappy guy, but I'd be mildly interested in what a fast skating, hard shooting Lithuainian who likes to fight, and speaks Tryamkin's dialect can bring. One game with Pedan wouldn't hurt.

This was a typical mid-January game between two mediocre teams trying to take a step back up ..  we worked hard and all that extra ice time is helping our young guys develop ..  take the two points and move on .. bloody compressed season ..

46 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Terrible game, boring to watch and we didn't execute well at all all night long but at the end of the day this was a must-win, clutch victory by the Canucks. Can't even complain about injuries when the Preds have Subban and Josi injured. They've been the most injured team all year, no excuses, but this is what you expect from two 50%-AHL teams

1) The Sedins were good and bad tonight. Daniel looked really slow, lots of bad passes and interceptions by him all night long from the get go but it's good to see Eriksson finally gain some chemistry with the twins. It's taken time but I think it's finally coming now. Lets leave him there for a bit longer. His defence tonight was fantastic, Eriksson was brilliant defensively. Lucky goal by Henrik but they could have scored 2 or 3 pretty goals tonight, so deserved at least one.

2) Baertschi, Burrows and Horvat were invisible for the most part, Horvat was shut down really nicely offensively but then made some nice passes and the trio did have maybe 2 or 3 B-grade chances. Not their best game, didn't execute well but to be fair the Nashville system really snuffed them out nicely

3) Sutter didn't have a great game, schooled in the faceoffs and wasn't amazing at all, average night for him. Granlund I thought played really well at times, sure he didn't score but had some really good chances, good defensive plays too. Skille really played well tonight as well and deserves to stay on that "3rd" line.

4) Gaunce had a brilliant game, it's amazing how he doesn't get more ice time. 6 minutes tonight, he was all over the puck, winning puck battles and generating offence out of absolutely nothing with terrible AHL linemates. This kid was good tonight, he's just not getting a sniff up the lineup at all. Chaput was so-so (good faceoffs tonight) and Boucher was benched for most of the game so hard to tell, but not a stand-out game by him.

5) Edler had some bad moments to start but after the first few minutes he really settled, logged some stupid-big minutes and ends up shutting down some pretty good Nashville scorers. Stecher had a couple great chances but I think we really need to rest the kid properly, bring in Pedan or Subban, rather than playing him 10 minutes. It's not doing the rest of the defence any good. Tanev had a real solid defensive game tonight, as did Sbisa, nothing fantastic but a shutout means you've done pretty damn well defensively, and our whole defence played extremely well. Only one odd-man rush against and it was a nothing of a play. Tryamkin had a fantastic night, physically he was great, sure, but he jumped up in the rush and was never a liability defensively. Eluded the quick Nashville forecheck well and moved it up the ice nicely too. His best game arguably of the season, he's getting better and better and more comfortable every night. Biega was average, nothing special really, but at least no bad mistakes.

6) Miller was huge obviously and is really in a rhythm, if this team makes the playoffs it'll be similar to how the 06-07 Canucks got willed over the finish line by Luongo, and Miller's got that look that he could do the same.

Qft.

1 minute ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

That I will agree with a million times over.  No one is saying he is bad coach.  I just don't like that he plays the same way in all situations and at all times.  That's not really coaching.  Coaching is about adjustments.  You don't have to change everything but to change nothing when you are a bottom 15 team is odd.

I think WD sticks to his game plan because it shows our young that u have stick to the program & you can have success. 

So what if Bo has to wait it out another month or season to get the #1 PP unit. He will get there & that's a fact. Is it really hurting his play for now? :sadno:

How's Tryamkin coming around? Or Stecher? Bo, Baer, Granlund?  Heck even Sutter, Miller, Burrows, Eriksson & Sedins are playing very well under WD's system.  

Seems to be working for the whole team (vets & young). 

As long as I see EFFORT & IMPROVEMENT, which I clearly am, then I'm OK with whatever is being taught.

Pretty good game plan/program if u ask me...

This was not a well coached game.

WD's line juggling meant most of the team was ineffective, with the exception of the Horvat line which had good pressure, and the Sedin line, which after 4 bad games finally got going.

I still believe Eriksson would be better on the line with Sutter and Granlund... but hey, WD doesn't pay any attention to offensive production numbers, unless they are for the Sedins.

Great to see Henrik get his 999th, but not sure that is worth all the ice time the Sedins are getting on the PP and at full strength.  Let Henrik earn his points, but don't do it at the expense of the team's overall success.  A 1-0 win is not a sign of a team which is jelling... they were playing a lot better when Eriksson was with Sutter.

The key is still the PP.... even on a poor team PP chances have to be converted at a decent percentage, and that is not happening now.

The Canucks would be in the playoffs if they brought their percentage up even to 18%... which is still poor.  Right now the conversion rate is abysmal.

Just curious and if anyone could answer my question that would be great. If the Canucks make the playoffs would Guddy be back yet or no? And also what about Dorsett (I'm pretty sure no for him because of the neck surgery but gotta ask). Canucks need some toughness back if they stand any chance 

3 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Just curious and if anyone could answer my question that would be great. If the Canucks make the playoffs would Guddy be back yet or no? And also what about Dorsett (I'm pretty sure no for him because of the neck surgery but gotta ask). Canucks need some toughness back if they stand any chance 

Bring up Labate and Pedan, thankyou.

Archived