The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning better sign Tryamkin longterm FAST

*Buzzsaw*

8 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Well, didn't Gillis send an offersheet to Weber in 2012? It was for a one year deal, and if Nashville matched it then Weber would be a UFA for 2013. He opted to sign a later offer from the Flyers (14 years - $110 million if memory serves), which Nashville matched and therefore remained their property.

Yes, offer sheets do not happen very often, but when they do they can really cause a ruckus. 

regards,  G.

Gillis also gave David Backus an offer sheet and had Bernier get an offer sheet in return. Gillis really got raked over the coals by most teams in the NHL for the Backus one.

27 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Well, didn't Gillis send an offersheet to Weber in 2012? It was for a one year deal, and if Nashville matched it then Weber would be a UFA for 2013. He opted to sign a later offer from the Flyers (14 years - $110 million if memory serves), which Nashville matched and therefore remained their property.

Yes, offer sheets do not happen very often, but when they do they can really cause a ruckus. 

regards,  G.

One reason that offer sheets do not happen very often is that most GMs are much more aware of their situations than CDC trolls (not referring to you, G) like to believe. When one of their players is vulnerable to an offer sheet, any reasonably competent GM will make a point of extending his contract before he becomes a RFA.

I would say that the chance of Tram becoming a RFA, making an offer sheet possible, is vanishingly small.

9 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Gillis also gave David Backus an offer sheet and had Bernier get an offer sheet in return. Gillis really got raked over the coals by most teams in the NHL for the Backus one.

Now that you mention it, I do have a recollection about a Backus offersheet, but I don't recall the one for Bernier. Could have picked up a 2nd for him off of that contract.

regards,  G.

22 hours ago, Cameron88188 said:

Totally agree. Before giving him 3 million, we should wait and see if he can score a goal with a direct shot. A bridge deal at a million per season would be reasonable at this time

Also agree.  It seems to me that this guy really just wants to play in the NHL.  Despite his insistence that he would go back to Russia if sent to Utica, I don't think that should be viewed as him always trying to get what he wants.  I feel it was just that for him, coming over here was NHL or bust. 

I hope he would be reasonable as it pertains to his contract, and hopefully he would be willing to accept a mutually amicable bridge contract.  As with any player, if he is confident in his own abilities then he should know he will have the riches coming to him soon enough.  (Not that a couple of million in a bridge contract is peanuts in itself)

8 minutes ago, kloubek said:
  22 hours ago, Cameron88188 said:

Totally agree. Before giving him 3 million, we should wait and see if he can score a goal with a direct shot. A bridge deal at a million per season would be reasonable at this time

Grubranson got over 3.7 mil and he has only scored 12 goals in 6 years. He had 2 goals in his first 104 NHL games. His +/- is a whoping -63. So he will get over 4.5 mil, Tryamkin should get 3.5 for 3 years, but getting a Hutton money contract might do.

On 1/19/2017 at 9:19 AM, appleboy said:

Benning on 1040 today said that after last year he wanted the team to be tougher to play against. We have all heard that before but when pushed on the trade deadline he did say that if they were to make a move it would have to be from their depth which is on defense. (No draft picks) He said that Tryamkin could be a top pairing guy and it is just up to him how good he gets. He  said that players like Sbisa who has improved and Guddy are part of being harder to play against.

So if he was to make a move on defense it would have to be Tanev or Hutton. Hutton may not be ready before the trade deadline so that leaves Tanev. 

Do they have the guts to move Tanev for a good young forward and maybe some more picks? 

I am not going to begin to think I know what Benning is going to do but really I think Tanev is the guy who is most sought after and gets us the best return even if we have to add a player to the mix. Hutton is a good young player who has not had a great season but is still a question mark as far as his limit goes. Tanev is the guy unless Edler waves and someone gives us a good return for him.

On 1/19/2017 at 9:54 AM, stawns said:

I hope so........moving Tanev probably means they wouldn't expose edler to the ED however, and I think that's a mistake.  They need to make sure they don't lose a Granlund, Baer, Sbisa or Gaunce in the ED

Gaunce is expendable, he hasn't done enough to warrant us to protect him. Replacing him would be easy.

On 1/19/2017 at 0:17 PM, TheGuardian_ said:

Benning stated today that he might trade a dman for a forward prospect.

The Canucks are in cap trouble because of the Dorsett, Sbisa, and mostly the Eriksson contracts.

Benning has no money.

He is going to need another 6 mil or so to resign Miller and more money for Horvat, Gurbranson and a host of RFA's and UFA's.

He likes Larsen, he'll be real gud for us, 

He won't trade Stecher because he is a feather in his cap.

Edler is difficult to move because of the NTC

Tanev could be but won't unless it is for Landeskog+ or a player like him, so not likely

Gubranson is his baby, no trade but will probably get over 4 per year.

Sbisa won't get a good enough return, he would look like he got snookered unless it is for a lot.

Just gave Hutton a new deal.

OJ .....no, it's his first chance to have a #1 pick play for him in three drafts and they can sell him for another year if he is in the AHL.

That leaves Tryamkin, the guy that honored his contract, the same contract the Nucks signed and embarrassed the team by NOT going to the minors. The player that defied the estimatmation of the entire management staff and is now pushing for a top 4 spot in under 80 games played in the NHL. Makes management not look too good with regards to talent evaluation. But give them credit, they did draft and sign that modified NMC into the contract.

Last year I stated I thought Tryamkin would be a stud, he is showing very well as basically a rookie.

So, I think Benning will trade him. Hey, a 3th round pick for a 2nd? That's a win right?

Over the next few years lots of money free's up and will take care of the contracts we need to sign  Miller will NOT be a 6 Million contract next.. The plan Benning has is working well and you need to give your head a shake, your a glass half empty kinda guy. Just sit back and watch the team unfold and shut up with this negative s#$t

On 1/19/2017 at 0:20 PM, IBatch said:

Burrows, Miller and the Sedins won't get near the money they get now when their contracts are up.  It is the exact opposite the Canucks will have loads of cap space soon 

Thank you a man of reason.

On 1/19/2017 at 0:22 PM, TheGuardian_ said:

But not next year

They already have over 55 mil committed and have sign up to 10 more players, 6 mil for Miller, 4+ mil for Gubranson, somewhere around 5 mil for Horvat.

Miller might be 3.5-4 million, Burrows contract will be eaten up by Horvat and we will loose Hanson and another D-man that will create alot of $$$ for other contracts Were in a fine position.

On 1/19/2017 at 0:37 PM, hlinkas wrister said:

Burrows and Miller are not going to be cap-hitting us for a combined 10.5 million next year, if the Canucks do decide to resign them it will be for around half that. Plenty of Money available to re-up Bo on a bridge deal.    

Burrows will not be re-signed. That will make the new deal for Horvat.

40 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Burrows will not be re-signed. That will make the new deal for Horvat.

I love Burrows and all he's done for this club. The only player to consistently play well and make the Sedins better despite endless tryouts throughout their careers.  Carter was fine to but was here and gone like a flash..Burrows was just as important to this club as Kelser for a while and has some whopping seasons.

His story is great too.  Projected to be a minor leaguer and forced his was into the lineup with grit and determination which to this day rubs off on his teammates.  

Despite all this I hope Linden and Benning shop him around before his contract is up and hopefully get at least a second...If we're lucky and we have the quantity of suitors the talking heads say we do that we do even better.

This will be a tough call as we continue to climb the standings and win tight games.  We would surely miss his playoff mojo but if this club is really committed to a rebuild they should do everything they can to acquire picks with our aging core and I would include Miller in this.

58 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Over the next few years lots of money free's up and will take care of the contracts we need to sign  Miller will NOT be a 6 Million contract next.. The plan Benning has is working well and you need to give your head a shake, your a glass half empty kinda guy. Just sit back and watch the team unfold and shut up with this negative s#$t

Good assesment.  Sometimes I feel bad for the younger generation of fans that haven't been through the ups and mostly downs this club has put us through.  Before Bure this club might have had ONE winning season.  That's a lot of losing.  His rookie year we came in second in our division our highest ever.  

Recently we have put together a half dozen 100plus point seasons missing the playoffs only twice.  If you'd bother calculating all the points from every club over the last decade I would hazard a guess that's Vancouver would be at or near the top in our conference and perhaps the league. 

If you were a fan during Naslunds time you were also treated to a lot of winning and a couple great years and the lapse between cores brought us Luongo which essentially shot the team into contention within an few years.

After Bure left we had some lean years and the Keenan era was a low spot I hated.  If you remember that this rebuild is going swimmingly well and we have much to look forward to despite starting things with almost empty cupboards as a result of all that winning and going for it which I don't fault Gillis for trying (although I am not a big fan of his NM clauses).  

What I am trying to say is be patient and be prepared for some bad seasons...In the end we will rise to the top again and at some point see the Stanley Cup parade at home.

On 1/17/2017 at 11:31 PM, *Buzzsaw* said:

If Benning waits for Tryamkin's contract to expire, and tries to sign him as a RFA, every team in the league will put in a bid on him.

The other GM's know exactly what the Canucks have in this guy... 6' 7" defensemen who can scate don't fall off TREES. 

That will drive the price up.

Better to sign him now before the season ends... lock him up for 4 years at a decent price.

There hasn't been an RFA bid on a player since Weber in his last year by the Flyers.  It rarely if ever happens.  If it didn't happen on Kucherov or Gaudreau, it will not happen on a physical defensemen. 

Archived