The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petition the Canucks - Henrik wants a Viking Clap to celebrate his 1000th point!

Bur14Kes17

3 minutes ago, BI3KSALLENT said:

It would probably require too much coordination seeing as most fans won't even know what it is. Would be awesome to see though if enough people got into it!

No it wouldn't come on now, unless you're that inebriated, it takes seconds to learn.

1 minute ago, Zhukini said:

No it wouldn't come on now, unless you're that inebriated, it takes seconds to learn.

Seconds to learn if you've watched the video already, and aren't going blindly into it being led by a whale hitting a drum. I'd expect people to clap with the drum, and not around it. Or that a large percentage would get it, and the rest would muddle it up.

Is that being too negative? Maybe it is, I figured it's just being sadly realistic.

I'll cancel my plans on Friday and travel to Vancouver to do pre-game demos outside of Rogers Arena. I just need a giant attention grabbing sign that says "Learn it for Hank" or something, a loaner drum, and a pair of tickets to the game. 

edit: drum...

Couple booths like that should spread the word real quick to the people filtering in. 

Well with ticket sales down and a sharp decline in suits at games there may just be enough fans to make it happen, I love the idea and hope it does happen, he deserves it, As for a tradition after every goal, you can't force it but we sure as heck could use an identity,

1 hour ago, Green Building said:

I'll cancel my plans on Friday and travel to Vancouver to do pre-game demos outside of Rogers Arena. I just need a giant attention grabbing sign that says "Learn it for Hank" or something, a loaner drum, and a pair of tickets to the game. 

edit: drum...

Couple booths like that should spread the word real quick to the people filtering in. 

If I get an extra ticket you can come but it'll be a date night so no third wheel junk ;) 

2 hours ago, Green Building said:

As awesome as that would be, I'm not sure that an arena full of people that haven't heard of it before wouldn't be clapping entirely out of sync. I'd love to be proved wrong.

Prove me wrong on Friday Rogers Arena!

Proof positive of this is the night we helped that actor gent (can't remember his name). Finish the anthem... It sounded like different songs being played seconds off of each other.  Acoustics can be a hell of a thing! And that's a song we know!

Archived