The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[NHL Entry Draft 2017] Jonah Gadjovich and Nick Suzuki

There are a couple of players I have been paying attention to lately, and this is because I have been watching a lot of Owen Sound as their season has been going very well.

• Jonah Gadjovich, a big, strong power winger that can get under the skin of opponents (but also contribute offensively). Good two-way game and actively gets in lanes to block shots.
  • Nick Suzuki - who reminds me a lot of Brayden Point, from the Moosejaw Warriors. Excellent hands, prolific scoring ability, and great speed. Feisty and can get physical when he wants to be.
    Also has 289 face-off wins this year.

These two play on the same line and have developed some real chemistry this year, with Gadjovich being the one to open up space and draw attention over so that Nick has the time and space to create opportunities with the puck. Gadjovich can also score and playmake, and his speed is underrated. He can skate and power through hits. Both have developed rapidly with each season, learning to overcome disappointments, but have also developed their individual skills. They have a lot of heart and push through adversity. When you combine hard-nosedness with skill and will to win, you get an ideal hockey player and core team member. 

I'm not jumping to conclusions, but these two could be excellent additions to a team lacking elite skill up the middle, and any skill on the left wing. 

Could be interesting.

Thoughts?

Haven't seen him play, but from what I've read Suzuki would be a good pick if we continue to move up the standings. Under 6 footer with great speed, hockey sense, skill, plays feisty and a great PK'er. Also looks to be one of the youngest players in this draft. Doesn't turn 18 until August. Still has room to grow.

I like Suzuki a lot, and he should be available around where we pick since it looks like we'll fall in the mid first round (barring a surprise Cup run ^_^). We definitely need to add to our offensive depth, especially at centre; even if its not Suzuki we should be looking to add an offensive-minded forward to help take over for the Sedins and if it can be a guy like Suzuki who is also versatile in other areas of the game then you (ideally) have the makings of two lines going forward with the other anchored by Horvat.

On 1/24/2017 at 4:25 PM, cyoung said:

Yamamoto is another late first early second prospect.  Could go higher but good option for high end skill

Have had my eye on him for a couple seasons now. Like you said, real high end skill but big question mark. I like him but most definitely in the second/late first.

6 hours ago, suitup said:

Have had my eye on him for a couple seasons now. Like you said, real high end skill but big question mark. I like him but most definitely in the second/late first.

Ya reminds me alot of Josh ho-sang but better attitude.  Ho-sang is starting to play a bit better in the ahl.  We shall see 

Archived