The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Blackhawks

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Canucksfor2012 said:

Stecher looked bad tonight. Got the goal, but didn't take Toews on the 3-2 goal and seemed to make some generally dangerous plays.

Second and third were quite good on the Canucks part, first wasn't so hot. Tough way to lose, but as a measuring stick for where the team is, I think this game showed the Canucks are definitely a team on the upswing. 78 more seconds and we'd be happy with the game - on to the next one. Two games that should be easy wins coming up, important to maintain a playoff position.

I thought he was our best player tonight. Couldn't disagree more.

1 minute ago, Vanisleryan said:

They pushed to tie it....why not keep pushing.....yes Willie Im talking to you. ....why not keep doing what got you the success.

because the hawks pushed back? They are an elite team, and it showed. They had another gear or two, nux couldn't match. Stop blaming everything on coaching. Look at that roster and ours. Hossa is on their third line. We got who?

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

because the hawks pushed back? They are an elite team, and it showed. They had another gear or two, nux couldn't match. Stop blaming everything on coaching. Look at that roster and ours. Hossa is on their third line. We got who?

We got Horvat on our 3rd line.. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I thought he was our best player tonight. Couldn't disagree more.

Agree to disagree. Offensively, Stecher was good, and his goal was set up by a good keep at the line. But defensively, Stecher seemed to have a ton of trouble keeping guys away from the net/checking them along the boards. Part of it is his size, but that hasn't been a problem for him, because he's learned to position well. Tonight, that positioning didn't seem to be there. I like Stecher, but didn't think tonight was his night defensively. 

Actually, on the topic of defense, I felt our entire defense was shoddy, and that limited our offense too. Everyone, from Tanev to Biega, had trouble starting breakouts thanks to the speedy forechecking of the Hawks, and it led to tons of turnovers and icings. It also meant there weren't many odd man rushes - credit the Hawks for having a solid gameplan. But the defense needed to be better. I felt the forwards did well with the opportunities they had and Crawford was forced to make some good saves.

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

I am positive that this team with better coaching would fare so much better.

Any other coach that could light a fire under Ericksson's a$$.   Can't stand watching him still, almost 50 games into the season.

He should've been sat by now.

Archived