The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Scouts expected at Utica game

41 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Patience is a virtue my friend 

Lol it was a joke, I really don't think we can get Burakovsky in the summer let alone now. If we do get him, it makes no difference to me whether we get him now or in a year. Don't think we'll be true contenders anytime soon. 

4 hours ago, Pears said:

It's been nice to see that we can go on runs like these, but we should send players like Edler, Miller, Hansen, Burrows etc. for young players, prospects, and picks. I'm still down to do Hutton++ for Duchene. 

The ++ would have to be multiple pieces that hold more value than Hutton. 

I'm all for flipping Hutton + for a scoring forward but Hutton is not a player that Colorado would want to build a trade around. They would likely want Juolevi and Virtanen for Duchene. 

I like Hutton but nobody expects him to develop to anything more than a # 4 dman. Considering we drafted him in what, the 5th round? That would be incredible bang for buck. But Duchene is a 1st line player. Let's not confuse the two. 

26 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

The ++ would have to be multiple pieces that hold more value than Hutton. 

I'm all for flipping Hutton + for a scoring forward but Hutton is not a player that Colorado would want to build a trade around. They would likely want Juolevi and Virtanen for Duchene. 

I like Hutton but nobody expects him to develop to anything more than a # 4 dman. Considering we drafted him in what, the 5th round? That would be incredible bang for buck. But Duchene is a 1st line player. Let's not confuse the two. 

With the contract Hutton has Colorado would find him extremely valuable. And I've said before if our first isn't a top 5 I'd be willing to move that as well for him. 

7 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Hansen and Subban for Schmaltz.

Reunite him and Boeser.

Tanev & Hansen for Seabrook! :towel:

Edit: I love the concept of a good young player for Subban / Hansen btw. Trading Hansen, which also protects Granny & Baer.  But I also do not believe Schmaltz is a pro prospect even on the calibre of Granlund or Baertschi? Does he have that ripper speed??? Could we not do better?

I

38 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Tanev & Hansen for Seabrook! :towel:

Edit: I love the concept of a good young player for Subban / Hansen btw. Trading Hansen, which also protects Granny & Baer.  But I also do not believe Schmaltz is a pro prospect even on the calibre of Granlund or Baertschi? Does he have that ripper speed??? Could we not do better?

I

He projects to be a good number 2.

I'd mostly want him because of his chemistry with Boeser, but that doesn't always translate to the NHL.

10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Of course he does. Small puck movers are the latest craze.

And he is still a Subban after all. Teams would be willing to take a flyer on him based on his last name.

They didn't care about his last name during the draft though

8 minutes ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Jesus, if that's all they want, jump on it faster than Bill Cosby on a knocked-out actress!

No matter who the scouts came to watch, they left drooling over Virtanen.  How much did Jake improve his value with that performance?

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

So many have given up on Virtanen eh?

I mean it's cdc so I'm not surprised... Personally I don't want to trade him.

Powerwinger need longer to develop. Give Virtanen time to develop his game and learn the defensive side of the game too. It's years to early to give up on Jake.

But Schmaltz is an interesting player, thats right.

Archived